1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Albuquerque Free Parking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mi3ke, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Mi3ke

Mi3ke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The mayor signed into legislation allowing REGISTERED hybrid owners to park for free at any city meter for the duration of the meter. It goes into effect March 31st. The car must be registered with the city's parking office, located in Room 510 Plaza Del Sol (on 2nd St at Roma). A sticker will be given to the operator, who will then place it on the back window or back bumper. You will need to bring your registration and tag number. You don't get to park at a meter all day, just for the max. length that you could "buy" on the meter. The city's parking office number is 505-924-3950.
    The wife got sticker number 2. Wahoo. She loves the car after just 1 thousand miles. The funny thing is, we thought the law had already gone into place and haven't paid a meter since march 10th, when we got the car. Lucky I guess.

Cheers, Mi3ke

2. flyingprius

flyingprius New Member

I'm so excited! When I get back to Albuquerque in July, that is definitely something that I will be doing. I am proud that Albuquerque is forward thinking enough to encourage its citizens to buy a clean car. Here in Daytona, a Ford F-250 with a "God Bless our Troops" sticker would likely beat out the Prius for free parking.

3. Orsino

Orsino New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mi3ke\";p=\"77814)</div>
    I guess that this will keep Accord owners from sticking on a mini-spoiler and a "HYBRID" nameplate to take advantage of the free parking.

I wonder whether there would be an after-market demand for these little accessories? "Make 'em think you're driving a hybrid!"