AliExpress/Boss Audio Head Unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by likearaptor, Nov 3, 2021.

1. likearaptor

likearaptor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II

I've seen a few post here and there here on PriusChat, but all the links people talk about are expired or are not useful now. I'm wanting to upgrade my head unit to one that allows Android Auto and I'm trying to decide to go cheap and get a Boss one from Crutchfield, some off brand on eBay or Amazon, or going the Aliexpress route and getting one there.

I've got the GPS/JBL head unit, so I know I'll need a canbus and a few other things, I was just curious if anyone could say about 1-2 years after doing a custom audio receiver how it is still going and what you would recommend? The nice things with Aliexpress some of the packages appear to give you all the hookups, canbus, camera, accessories you might need, which is a plus. But working with them is a few weeks back and forth I imagine trying to get a part replaced or purchased if missing an item.

2. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'll know in a few days if this works or not, it's a few days away.

3. likearaptor

likearaptor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any update on how yours went?

SM-G991U ?

4. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    well it's installed... rear 360 camera needs a 4pin extension cable... calibration clothes so for appears required and I'm still working through a few kinks. loving it so far, wish it had super-fast charging

5. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    well it's installed... rear 360 camera needs a 4pin extension cable... calibration clothes so for appears required and I'm still working through a few kinks. loving it so far, wish it had super-fast charging

6. Nosser

Nosser New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just installed an android unit I got off Amazon. I actually installed two lol. I probably could have ordered it from AliExpress but I didn’t want to wait for shipping. My only concern was wireless apple CarPlay. I initially bought another one that worked well but was only wired for CarPlay. Both have android auto. The first pic is the first one I got I think for $170 and the second was $230. I believe.

65914171906__6D6F3CA0-1DEE-45B9-B6C0-B1B329BEE10A.jpg

IMG_7541.jpg

iPhone ?