1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alignment, fit and finish

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by shawnpjh, Dec 15, 2013.

1. shawnpjh

shawnpjh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not exactly griping - maybe a little. But I'm just noticing some quality issues that I'm sure are considered within tolerance on a $30k car but which could be a little better in a perfect world.

My dad and I were installing the wedge type door molding and having trouble with the measurements lining up in the instructions. I used a long magnetic straight edge and just couldn't get the 3 measurements to be aligned. That's when my dad noticed the passenger back door is slightly lower than the front door.

I guess nothing's perfect. Can't adjust it now because the molding is on (Which looks pretty good). I suspect the front door is hitting the striker ever so slightly higher than the back door now that I've looked it all over and obsessed a solid hour about it.

LESSON: If you're slightly OCD about your car being perfect, don't try to install the molding or you may notice things like this!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i agree. no big deal, but it's far from perfect. someone used to advertise this (lexus?) and the auto writers used to bemoan american fit and finish vs foreign. but that was quite a while ago.