1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alignment - inner tire wear

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Asinus, May 9, 2022.

1. Asinus

Asinus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    2019 Prius LE, purchased used at 45k miles. Currently at 46k.

I did a rotation and noticed the front inner tires was wearing unevenly. Took it to my local shop and did alignment. They mentioned they could not adjust the rear camber, and suggested I ask a Toyota dealer.

So for the rear camber, how bad is this in real world use? Can Toyota dealer fix this with shims, or should I take my car to a specialty alignment shop?

Before/after spec attached: prius_2019_alignment_9may22.jpg

2. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Your alignment guy might not have messed with the rear at all, you know the old hybrid story of the high voltage thing making certain tasks on the hybrid more dangerous than of well know gas cars.
    But it the camber on the Prius is adjusted by moving the strut mounts, in the rear that access in inside in the cargo area near the traction pack.
    First thing I'd do if I was asking about what to do for the rear camber would be to get the spec for it to compare to whats in the alignment printout.

Makes sense that the tires are worn on the inside edges with negative camber
    youtu.be/jSFmUmVWBp0

no pro here, just learning as I go.

3. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Found this 7 minute youtube today that explains all the alignment angles with pictures. It's main focus is Nissan so not exactly the same as Prius. youtu.be/nOwI0fAObrk
    I liked it, maybe you will too.

Asinus likes this.