1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All Auto Window Switches

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by vinnysca, Jun 12, 2007.

1. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

Since the Toyota Prius shares many of its components with the Lexus cars (i.e. switches), has anyone thought of perhaps doing a mod to make all window switches have the auto up and down feature?

Just a thought... ;)

Vince.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think people were already having some issues adding one-touch auto to the TCH cause it only has auto-down.

3. adamorzol

adamorzol New Member

Toyota Dealers tell me this is not possible because all the switches on the drivers side are on a solid module.

Does anyone know how to make the "auto" feature possible for up/down movement on all 4 windows?

I would like this feature.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    unfortunetly i know this is not as easy as it should be.

there are certain sensors and relays that the car needs. mainly the crush sensor which is part of the " all the way up" " all the way down" switch.

the only way to have a switch that goes auto up, is to include a crush sensor. it's simple.. it tells the car that there is resistance in the rolling process and to reverse back down a bit. if you put your hand in your window and auto up, it will go until it hits your hand.. then stop.. and back off.

maybe they wanted to make sure that robbers couldn't pull people out from the new Camry Hybrid.

*shrug*

i want to make this modification myself.

5. AJMasterson

AJMasterson New Member

Now I haven't heard/read about anyone doing an all auto up/down, but I did read somewhere that someone modded the window lock switch to where it would control all the windows simultaneously... that is something I would really like to do myself.

6. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AJMasterson @ Jun 12 2007, 09:56 PM) [snapback]460656[/snapback]</div>
    I was just going to search/post something about this. Noticed tonight that when the lock is on, you cannot even roll down the windows from the drivers door. Which is really annoying especially when you have to keep the locks on because the dog in the back seat often steps on the door and rolls herself up in the window :lol:

7. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Its probably a lot more complicated than expected. I wishhhhhhhhh the prius had 4 window auto. my Scion tC had all window automatic (2 dr 2 window) and I got spoiled with it. It really is a hassel (haha ya I know, lazy times have made me lazy) to have to hold the button the whole time. :p

8. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UNWIRED @ Jun 12 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]460645[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ Jun 12 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]460657[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I popped up the driver's side to see if I could do a mod to change the door lock, but saw that it's a solid module. Pity; my last car had a window lock as well, but the controls on the driver's side still worked.

9. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I haven't looked at the power window motors in my Prius, but the schematic shows additional wires going to the driver's power window motor from the master switch so there is some sort of exchange of pulses and/or current that doesn't happen with the other three door window motors. To do this mod I would think you would also need to find donor motors from another vehicle with auto windows, or external modules to copy what the driver's window motor/master switch do.

I wish I could just have all the windows go down by using the remote, like I could with our Accord. Then some of the heat would be out by the time I got in the car.

10. loyalscott

loyalscott Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    thinking about trying to install this aftermarket device which they claim will allow one touch operation:
    2 Window One Touch Up And Down Window Unit- (Up AND Down) AutoLoc AUTWC2000.
    Will photograph and post (if it works).