1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ALL BlueTooth Cell phones that work in the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by m6scott, Oct 8, 2005.

1. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

I have not been here for a while but thought this might be helpfulll to have an area for quick info on Bluetooth compatible phones for the Prius. I would like to see a list of cell phones that people have tried and failed and succeeded . Also any quick tips on making the cell phone experience better .

2. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Do you just want each of us to list which phones we have and work?

I have a Sony Ericsson Z600. It's a flip phone Sony Ericsson phone, but it basically is exactly the same as a T610 candy bar phone. It works for basic call pickup and dialing, plus phonebook transfers work.

Pretty much any Sony Ericcson phone will work fine with the Prius since Ericsson basically invented Bluetooth.

3. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I am sucessfully using a Sony-Ericsson T610
    Works:
    Calls
    Phonebook Transfer - 1st number per name only, but all numbers at once!
    Good voice quality without messing with settings
    Dial the actual phone while moving - call still uses car as headset. (not MFD of course)

Haven't figured out yet, may not work:
    Voice dialing through car mic.
    Ring through car speakers (Phone still rings though)

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it, since I just wanted Bluetooth in the first place.

4. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

5. michalopoulosgk

michalopoulosgk New Member

Samsung i730 works very well, pairs easily. I have not tried to upload the entire phone book, though I do not find this a problem because the one-touch-dial numbers (18 of them) are sufficient for all my routine needs. If I need to make a call for a number not in the 18 above, I use the phone. The Prius phone book is not available when the car runs, anyway.
    GKM
    Prius 05, Silver, package 6.

6. precious1

precious1 New Member

I successfully use the Sprint Treo 650 and it works perfectly. I was able to transfer my phone book, first number only. Incoming calls works great and 1-touch dial works excellent.

7. mrv

mrv Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Toyota/11165724...R-05/index.html

US TSB EL001-05. May 20, 2005 Revision. BLUETOOTH COMPATIBLE CELLULAR PHONES. 2004-2005 Land Cruiser and Prius.
    (Lists compatible Bluetooth cellular phones, and functions/features/networks/drawbacks by cellular phone model.)

Motorola RAZR
    Motorola V80
    Motorola V500
    Motorola V505
    Motorola V551
    Motorola V600
    Motorola V710
    Nokia N-Gage
    Nokia 3600/3650
    Nokia 3620/3660
    Nokia 6230
    Nokia 6260
    Nokia 6310i
    Nokia 6600
    Nokia 6620
    Nokia 6650
    Nokia 6810
    Nokia 6820
    Nokia 7600
    Nokia 7610
    Nokia 9810
    Panasonic X70
    Sharp GX-15
    Sharp GX-30
    Siemens S55/56
    Siemens S65
    Siemens SX1
    Sony Ericsson K700i
    Sony Ericsson P800/900
    Sony Ericsson T68i
    Sony Ericsson T610 & T616
    Sony Ericsson T630
    Sony Ericsson T637
    Sony Ericsson Z600

http://www.toyota.com/html/bluetooth/image...nstructions.pdf

Nokia 6310i (guide)
    Sony Ericsson T608/T610 (guide)
    (older versions of this PDF used to have the Sony Ericsson t68i listed, I think in place of the T608/T610)

http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

BlackBerry 7100g (guide)
    BlackBerry 7100t (guide)
    BlackBerry 7290 (Cingular) (guide)
    BlackBerry 7290 (T-Mobile) (guide)
    BlackBerry 7520 (Cingular) (guide)
    Motorola RAZR (guide)
    Motorola V330 (guide)
    Motorola V505 (guide)
    Motorola V551 (guide)
    Motorola V600 (guide)
    Nokia 3600 (guide)
    Nokia 3620 (guide)
    Nokia 3650 (guide)
    Nokia 3660 (guide)
    Nokia 6230 (guide)
    Nokia 6600 (guide)
    Nokia 6620 (guide)
    Nokia 6820 (guide)
    Nokia 7610 (guide - coming soon)
    N-Gage QD (Cingular) (guide)
    N-Gage QD (T-Mobile) (guide)
    Siemens S56 (guide)
    Siemens S66 (guide)
    Sony Ericsson T608 (guide)
    Sony Ericsson T610 (guide)
    Sony Ericsson T616 (guide)
    Sony Ericsson T637 (guide)
    Sony Ericsson S710a (guide - coming soon)

8. cfrei

cfrei New Member

I have a treo 650 with bluetooth but can't seem to get it to work with my Prius. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
    Cindy

9. stealth

stealth New Member

I have the Audiovox SMT 5600 Smartphone which works great even though Audiovox says they don't support it working with any cars.

The only things I noticed was that you can't beam the entire contact list only one at a time and I had to delete all spaces, dashes etc and beam only the numbers. Once I got the numbers in it worked perfectly.

10. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I read this post, and checked the lets talk website. The Verizon Blackberry 7250 is virtually identical to the T-Mobile 7290, with the exception of the sim chip and the case color. The OS and Bluetooth versions are the same. I wonder if the 7250 will work (fingers crossed), and wonder why no Verizon phones were listed...

11. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    After some initial difficulty, our updated Treo 650's work great. I see you've made a stand alone post so I'll follow your progress there...

12. arubinst

arubinst Junior Member

Hummmm.... these are bluetooth compatible phones but they do not work with the prius! Neither the P800 nor the P900 have the handsfree profile.

On the other hand, the P910i works just fine (tricky to send the phonebook)

Arubinst

13. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    One problem is that the list of BT phones that work with the Prius is larger than the list of BT phones that will work completely with the Prius. Just to say a particular phone works isn't enough.

For example, the Verizon BT phones work, as far as talking, but are unable to send the phonebook.

14. momsum

momsum New Member

I have a Nokia 6230. It pairs easily and works very well IMHO! :D

15. TidelandAZ

TidelandAZ New Member

My Sprint / Rim 7250 blackberry converses well (send/receive calls), but I had to buy a bluetooth adapter for my laptop in order to update the phone book.

16. Ranger

Ranger New Member

My Motorola V551 from Cingular hooked up without any problems and works well.

17. slortz

slortz New Member

I have the same thing as Ranger. The only thing I don't like about the V551 is having to transfer each phone number one by one instead of the whole book at once. My brother had an older Sony Ericsson and was able to transfer everything at once. If you've got hundreds of phone numbers or numbers that are frequently changing, it makes a big difference.

18. abe_wick

abe_wick New Member

I have run into the same problem with Verizon. Based on what I have found (this may be wrong - please correct me if it is), is that Verizon phones currently will not allow for the data transfer to the Prius phone book. So you can send and recieve calls but you won't be able to sync in your phone book with any Verizon bluetooth phone. I think that Verizon is saving this feature to potentially bill for this service in the future (pretty scummy move if you ask me).

I have been told (again correct me if I'm wrong) that other carriers such as Cingular do not block this capiablity on their phones. My advice - if you have Verizon and want to utilize ALL of the features of the Prius hands free system - Get out of your contract, because your phone will only work halfway!

If anyone out there agrees that the issues we are seeing involve the carrier more than the manufacturer please let me know.

19. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You are quite correct. Even enabling OBEX won't help because you need the Object Push. If you have a laptop with BT you can do the sync.

As for getting out of the contract, that's $175, unless they offer to let you out. As for me, I thought seriously about what numbers I normally would have to call while driving and I came up with only 4. Those are on the one-touch. Others I've set up as POIs so I can use them if necessary. After that, my phone has voice dialing so I can use that feature.

YMMV. 98% of the calls I do are outside the Prius and the rest are calling home to say I'm on my way. :)

It's really too bad you can't manually enter phone numbers.

20. jblust

jblust New Member

My Motorola MPX220 works well in the Prius. Besides the loud buzzing noise that happens for 5 seconds when you're trying to initiate an outgoing call. And, of course, the pain of trying to transfer contacts. And it doesn't show the signal strength meter, but that's no big deal.

And, when I went to lunch today, I got a "Bluetooth connection failed" message several seconds after I started the car, but then I realized that it was because I left my phone upstairs at my desk :)