1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All dash lights come on in 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by lyoncf, Jun 23, 2011.

1. lyoncf

lyoncf New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2006 Prius and was just on vacation for two weeks and my Prius was stored in my garage. My wife just drove the Prius about 6 miles and all the dash lights came on. The car still drives, but the cruise control won't engage. A few months back I replaced the aux 12 V battery as it somehow died, so I don't think that is the problem. When the car is off, the aux battery voltage is 12.5 volts. When it is running the voltage is 13.9 volts. I disconnected the aux battery and then reconnected it and all the problems went away for a while. Cruise control worked again, too. I just drove it a few more miles and it happened again and just as I got home to go up my steep driveway it would only go about 3 mph. Is that the "limp mode" I have heard about? Anybody know what this might be? All the dash light are lit - red triangle, check engine, VSC, Brake System, etc. I am a newbie to this site, but I did a search and didn't find much that sounded like this problem. All the lights came on previously when my aux battery died, but the car wouldn't start, so this is somewhat different.

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This can happen when the inverter cooling pump goes out. Does the A/C still work? Open the hood and check the inverter coolant reservoir for the proper fluid level, and turbulence/flow when in Ready. But the 3 mph up the driveway is potentially a bad sign. See if the car will go in reverse when it is in the error condition. If it won't, then you have a definite problem with the HV battery, inverter, transaxle, etc. If you want to do more troubleshooting on your own, pull into your local auto parts store (Autozone, OReilley, etc) and ask them to read the codes while it is in the error state, and post those codes here. If you disconnect the 12V battery, it will erase the codes.