1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All I want for CHRISTMAS is........

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ETC(SS), Dec 20, 2023.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    I looked in the Apple Sto and they still had availability for the 9'er by delivery or pickup for 386 plus TTL.
    Either way I might upgrade to the SE (2) in this next year if my SE (1) goes dumb but those are not being Jobbed by the Patent story.

Apple Is Suspending Sales of Its Newest Watches. What to Know - CNET

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    That's what I need. Something to tell time - like my cell phone in my pocket already does. For my post graduate ceremony 1990s, got a nice Movado that has been sitting in the dresser drawer ever since phones could tell time. One more screen to manifest my OCD issues. Hard pass
    ;)

3. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I made the same use case, but 2 co-workers falling off of ladders when they were the only person in the building, on a weekend changed my mind for me a few years back.

My watch is my "I've fallen and I can't get up!" device which I originally named my 'Mrs Fletcher' device (after the very elderly lady in the 1970's Life Alert Commercial.)
    After getting side-eyed by more than one person who I told the "Mrs Fletcher" story to I came to realize that not all Mrs Fletchers are equal.

Be that as it may, my first iwatchthingy, at $199 paid for itself the first weekend I owned it, acting as a bluetooth range extender and enabling me to be called in for OT.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Sounds like a good enough excuse. Then again what happens when that feature comes out in that their phone in your pocket

Our first home here in the valley was on mostly 5 Acres or more plots. The Watson's were due east of us .... Joe passed in his 90's & Betty lived/drove herself well into the next decade as she was much younger than joe. She had a stroke and laid on her floor for an estimated 3 or 4 days with none of her sons checking up on her - before somebody called and then came in to see what happened. Yikes. I could see how such a tool would be very handy. The good thing was her son's gave her a "wake" a good 5 years before she passed. So we technically got to celebrate her life while she was still very much alive.

5. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Easy.
    One does not wear a phone.

My phone (13 base 256gb) is more often than not in my bag because why haul it round in my pocket?
    My earbuds keep me connected with the phone and if I misplace my phone I can ping it with the watch.

6. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those look handy.

Here is my version of modern tech, I should probably be ashamed.

[​IMG]

bisco likes this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i had a flip phone and $10./mo. att service up until 2 years ago, when comcast offered a free iphone with a 2 year $15./mo. contract.

John321 likes this.
  8. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a Pixel 7 I bought last year for $99 after trading in a 3-year-old Pixel 5. But I rarely use my smartphone as a phone. I do have a pay-as-you-go SIM in it that costs me $3.30/mo. It is on WiFi most of the time. I also have a Nokia 6300 4G "candy bar" phone I use for voice and text. It was $39, and I have a dual SIM both with limited but enough text and voice, one for $3.38/mo (AT&T MNVO) and another for $2.50/mo (Tmobile MMVO).
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot 2023-12-21 9.11.44 PM.png

#8 Salamander_King, Dec 21, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  9. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How did you insert the image in-line? We are having problems uploading images or any files. The only way so far mentioned in the other thread is to disable the JavaScript. Only then, I can upload the image file and use the link to show the image uploaded.

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Buaaahahaaaa

Deluxe membership

IMG_20231203_105151.jpg

like my blasphemous "Noel" candles?

John321 and Salamander_King like this.
  11. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Humm, I have no idea. But selective "bug".

12. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I right clicked the internet image of my phone and selected the image option from the dropdown box - then right clicked empty space under my message and selected paste. I wonder if the type of image extension matters? The first image of my phone I selected could not be pasted on this forum.

Salamander_King likes this.
  13. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe. I think as long as the image already has a URL link, then inserting by coping is possible. The problem is the figure file that has no URL.. maybe

EDIT: No, the figure still does not show... It shows on Preview, but not after saving, at least the link I used does not.
    [​IMG]

14. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  15. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Let's try this.

OK, it works... with a few coding fixes. But still not as easy as copy and paste as before the server migration.
    [​IMG]

16. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
  17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the trouble with phones and televisions and computers, etc. is that no matter how often you upgrade, the song remains the same.

18. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I actually grumpily do need to replace ~6 yr old wifi. It was designed to reduce signal strength in presence of other signals. Good neighbor policy ... Newer ones that have come into vicinity are bullies and do not throttle down.

I need me a bully, or to move computer to within 3 meters of wifi. Which ain't very 'wi'.

19. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i had tried that with little success. the best thing that came along were these little 'pods' that you plug into an electrical outlet where the signal is weak. they work pretty well.

20. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Thanks for the idea. I will visit 121 street (where sellers of such are clustered) and see what's on offer.

Years ago there were many little electro tech shops on 121 street where large variety of little gadgets were sold. Resistors, diodes spools of shielded cable to name a few. The place got gentrified or whatever and now only shops selling finished products. Grumpy about that also.