1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

all...just registered!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by e28to08Prius, Jun 2, 2008.

1. e28to08Prius

e28to08Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    all! I was referred to this site by my Step Dad (longshortofit) who's been a Prius owner since `05. Always loved his Prius but was never in a position to upgrade to one. But once gas started rising over $3 a gallon, we were very motivated to sell our SUV (took a loss) and I also dumped my hobby (1986 BMW 535i, 5spd) to get our black package #5 Prius back in March `08. We were very lucky to do so because now their isn't a single NEW Prius in the state of MN to even test drive.

Anyway, we've been LOVING our Prius and can already see this site is going to be invaluable...but this last week my wife decided to back out of the garage with the hatch open and snagged the rear spoiler (OUCH!). You'd think when you see nothing but 'garage door' on the back up camera screen, you'd stop? Oh well, accidents happen.

I've noticed a lot of people here like the Touring-style rear spoiler and are upgrading to that. I was wondering if any of you can tell me if I could get that already painted? Or, would be great if one of you priuschatters with a black prius already upgraded and had their original black spoiler just laying around that I could purchase. Anyone let me know either way ASAP!

Thanks,
    Matt

2. prius729

prius729 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Was the spoiler the only damage sustained? I really haven't heard of anybody upgrading to Touring spoilers...I thought they were a permanent part of the hatch?

Ok, just saw a thread on spoiler swap. I guess they do come off.

3. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    welcome! i am afraid i cannot help out with your questions though.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Welcome to PC, and sorry to hear about your hatch. My spouse doesn't have the zeal for high mpg's the way I do, so she just "drives it" ... reason enough to drive it strictly myself ... to keep the mpg's nice & high. And who knows ... I probably save the Prius a few of the same kinds of damage. Our 400h hybrid that she drives DOES have a huge amount of scratches on the rear bumper, from not being pulled all the way into the garage. Hoyvey, how hard can that be? :p