1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

all Key-Fobs with new battery won't work at all

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by nickdelvecchio, May 16, 2012.

1. nickdelvecchio

nickdelvecchio New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Guys,

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but I was not able to find it on the forums so far...

I have a 2007 Prius, and the key-fobs stopped working recently.... for about a month they were intermittent and would work sometimes, and then they would just stop... I thought it may have been some sort of battery issue, so I replaced both of the key-fob batteries but the same thing kept happening.... thought it may have been an internal battery in the SKS system or something... It recently stopped working completely, and i'm trying to figure out what it could be, but i'm just not figuring it out.... I really don't want to get charged just to have Toyota look at my car but i'm getting to that point... (Yes I'm cheap - I'd much rather do this myself)

anyone else have any similar issues?

2. maestro8

maestro8 Nouveau Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Perhaps you inadvertently shut off SKS?

Try pushing the "KEY" button below the steering wheel to re-enable it...

Same thing happened to me after I took the car in for new tires. Sure enough, one of the techs hit the wrong button and shut off my system.

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The button needs to be in the OUT position for the SKS to work.