1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All right, let's cut to the chase...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

misdemeanor, felony? Prison time? Community service? Nothing?

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 7 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]299144[/snapback]</div>
    you forgot the most important one - sterilization :p
    then i would have chosen all of the above
    or maybe one night in kiryat shmona or haifa
    or maybe put a "skull cap" on him and have him walk through beirut or teheran, damascus or gaza

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    He should be given what the law says. No special treatment either better or worse than anyone else.

What he gets socially is another thing.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The sentence for a first time DUI offender in California is pretty standardized.

Three years unsupervised probation with the requirement that the defendant spend 48 hours in jail (those who can afford it can arrange to serve that time in a small outlying city jail as opposed to the crowded Los Angeles County jail), pay a fine that totals approximately $1,200, including penalty assessments, and complete a thirty hours course in a drinking drivers' school. Most courts also impose additional conditions forbidding the defendant from driving with any measurable amount of blood alcohol, and mandating him or her to submit to a search or seizure by any police officer without a warrant or probable cause.

There is also a four months driver's license suspension, or a restriction of driving only to and from work, by the DMV.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    while i feel that as someone more in the public eye than Average Joe American should maintain a high standard of behavior as an example to the masses, what he *said* is not a punishable offense.

then there's the whole looking like an donkey in front of your whole country thing. i think that's going to follow him for a long long time.

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 7 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]299167[/snapback]</div>
    No, no, I'm talking about the supposed anti-semitic comments. I say supposed because I don't think anyone ever really, technically, defined what the State of California (or some other jurisdictional entity with "real" power to punish a crime) might consider 1. an anti-semitic comment, 2. and how that relates to possibly being part of some "hate crime" statute... :ph34r:

But, for conversational purposes, let's assume anti-semitic comments, and discuss what we might all think should be his punishment, if any...

Personally, I don't think he should be *legally* punished, per reasons remarkably similar to what efusco previously stated...

...I will, however, agree with you that it is (and I'm hesistat to use this word, but for conversational purposes why not..) "immoral", as is that kind of speech against ANY race, creed, religion, blah, blah, blah...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Aug 7 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]299173[/snapback]</div>
    Who knows... Here's a scary thought: what if he openly admitted he hated Jews, and his movies did better than ever....! :eek: That could be a good national hate "litmus test", if you will...

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 7 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]299187[/snapback]</div>
    Hate speech is not a crime, so he cannot and should not be criminally punished for his anti Semitic diatribes.

Kindly refer to this web page and this web page for the California definitions of Hate Crimes.

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No he shouldn't be punished, except for a public apology maybe

9. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    He should be required to read fifteen of your threads in a row, Squid.

Eyes taped open a la "Clockwork Orange."

That'd lesson 'im. =)

10. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 7 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]299153[/snapback]</div>
    OMG...I am agreeing with dbermanmd...and via a quote from squid's sig: "GAH!" - galaxee

(at least the quote is from galaxee, so maybe the lightning won't strike TOO quick for me to get the dog out of the way at least... :eek: )

Sadly, however, at last count, Mel already has SEVEN children (per imdb.com), so, unfortunately, it is too late for sterilization to be a viable alternative.

11. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

I thought they already executed him for this?

Maybe that was just the media...

ya'll just need to go get stupid drunk, say some stuff you don't mean, side with mel and get over it..