1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All Season Tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Isaac Sonntag, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Isaac Sonntag

Isaac Sonntag Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hey all, looking for advice before I pick up a new pair of tires. I am currently running the Nokian Entyre 2.0 185/65r15 92H on the front and tires that badly need replaced on the back. I was hoping to pick up a new set of the Entyre’s and swap them to the front, but unfortunately they are discontinued. Anybody have experience with the Nokian One 185/65r15 88H? I am considering making this my main tire for the front but the mismatched load ratings is what has me concerned. I know the front of the Prius tends to be heavy as far as cars go and I’m wondering if the 88H load rating will be sufficient (the mismatched rating is more of a concern). Obviously both have the same speed rating so I’d be good in that regard. I’m at 65% on my current Nokian’s so I figured if I put those on the back and the One’s on the front they’d probably need replaced at a similar time. Btw I’m a northern Ohio driver and I’m not here to be told I need to pick up snows, I do mostly long road tripping so good LRR all seasons are important. Any advice?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The tires I run are made in Poland they are supposedly LRR and have all kinds of green and blue stickers all over them whatever they cost me like 40 bucks a pop they make like 40,000 mi I don't really waste time with rotating and all that because I'll run that 40,000 mi out and about a year and just doesn't make sense to be running the tires around the car and doing all that work for a year now that I'm older maybe a year and a half and the price is great and this makes when I take my tires off they still look black instead of gray 7-year tires don't do me any good because at 5 years they look like they've been through a war. I've been through all the fancy tires from $200 down to $39.99 and to be honest with you I don't race or autocross anymore so tires are like the least of my problems and I don't mind breaking traction at all it's not something I'd pay a lot of money for it to not happen Good luck with your tire search I wouldn't worry about the weight rating I've had 88s up to 92s on the front and the back always in pairs but mismatched many times from front to back on a Prius you'll never notice it.