1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All set for winter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stanleyjohn, Dec 2, 2007.

1. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    [​IMG]Posted: Today at 11:40 am Post subject: All set for winter[​IMG] [​IMG] I put on my snowtires yesterday and this mourning i put on my frontend mask.Brrr!it was cold!around 20 deg.We may get a inch or two of snow later,it wasnt till jan last year when we saw any winter.Heres a few pics of my car ready for the snow PS!! ITs nice to see the new software up and running.

Attached Files:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    nice! I just mounted my WRs on Sat and we got 10-15cm of snow today. Now it's raining and it'll be washed away tomorrow when the temp rises to +12°C in the torrential rain.

3. seftonde

seftonde New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Tideland,

I'm 'evaluating' and researching winter tires (2007 with 18,000 miles and original tires). When you say you 'mounted your WR's', are you referring to the Nokians? I have heard really good things about them and am thinking about getting four of them. Did you go with the 195's?

thanks,
    daniel

4. YoungOrganist

YoungOrganist New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Icky white shit falling from the sky, never mind santa, I hate winter.

My mother went to get snow tires put on the prius, and the guy at ITB told her that the only ones he had where a little bit bigger, and that the speedo would read about 2 mph more than what the car was actually going. She called me and asked me if this was ok, I said it was fine and thought it would be good for me. But a little later, It sort of occurred to me that bigger tires would make the speedo read Under! We googled stuff, but I couldn't really make H or T of any of the sights. The new tires are about a half an inch bigger in diameter. Is this likely to make a significant difference on the odometer?

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep. Nokian Hakkapeliita WR (1st gen). There's the WRG2 but I didn't go for them cause I haven't heard any reviews yet.

I went with the stock size.

6. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    bigger tires will make your speedo read slower then your actual speed.

Think of it in terms of rotations... If you rotate a can (of soup) one rotation on the floor, vs you roll a paint can one rotation on the floor. Obviously the big paint can will cover more distance in a single rotation.