1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

all the spam lately

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by kDB, Nov 25, 2006.

1. kDB

kDB New Member

This is more of a question to the moderators.

I'm sure you've noticed the increase of spam posts lately. What should we do about it? We could report it, but with all the people here now, I would think it would be filling up someones inbox. So should we report it or just ignore it and let the mod's clean it up when they see it?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We like to get the reports, but if you could just post a reply in the 'quick reply' (ie. don't do the 'add reply' that quotes the original message) saying "reported to mods" so that others don't duplicate the effort that would be ideal...we got 9 reports of the 'handbag' thread....no reason to duplicate the effort.

3. kDB

kDB New Member

Ah, great idea. It's so simple I would have never though of it.

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ah, great idea. It's so simple I would have never though of it. [:lol:]

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 25 2006, 11:14 AM) [snapback]353985[/snapback]</div>
    Do you want one report per spammer or one report per forum and thread where the spam appears? The handbag post appeared in fours separate forums.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 25 2006, 02:40 PM) [snapback]354002[/snapback]</div>
    One report per post would be best. We'll block the spammer with the first report, but need the other reports so we can delete and/or move them off the public forums.

So, 1)Report the post. 2)Post message with "quick reply" "Reported to Moderators" (once for each spam post), 3) Don't report a second time if it says "Reported to mods".

Thanks everyone for your help here. I think it's pretty rare that a post or spammer 'lives' for more than a couple hours and that's usually only when they are smart enough to make their post during the wee hours of the morning when most of us are in bed anyway.