1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All Weather Floor Mats. Two Different Part numbers.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TheForce, Apr 5, 2008.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have decided to order the all weather floor mats because my clear exact mats are not clear anymore. :mad: They are stained with mud and other crap. So when I was searching for the all weather mats they came up with two part numbers. PT908-21050-02 and PT908-21051-02. What are the differences between these two part numbers? I know I can order them from the PC shop and most likely will but I was doing some searching on the net for them and found the two part numbers. The description and price for them are the same. I was just wondering what the difference was.

2. pbpuzzle

pbpuzzle New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got the Toyota Prius OEM All Weather Floor Mats for $87.00 here on this site. The price includes S/H. I think they are great. Heavy duty & very functional, but look good. :gossip: Just Put Toyota prius OEM All Weather Floor mats in & do a search.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    front and rear?

4. Jiipa

Jiipa MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  5. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK so one is rubber and one is plastic. So which is the better deal? I'm guessing the rubber but what is the plastic like? Is it like the exact mats only they are black? Has anyone seen the rubber and plastic mats?

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The rubber ones are what you would think - heavy-duty rubber mats with channels in them. I've never heard of the plastic ones, but can only assume that they would be like the exactmats.

They are more pricey, but have you looked at the Weathertech Extreme Floorliners? With the "lips", they definitely will be able to hold water, snow, and other crap without it getting on your carpet.

Also, it is noteworthy that with both mats you should remove the carpet mats before putting the rubber ones in. They don't plunk on top like the ExactMats do.

7. priusinny

priusinny New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just received my order for the All Weather Mats for my 2008 Prius. This is part number PT908-21051-02. PT908-21051-02 is made of heavy duty rubber and fits my Prius exactly, both front and rear. The drivers mat has two holes in it at the seat end, and a pair of "clips" that insert into holes in the carpet and then into the holes in the mat to prevent the mat from slipping or creeping toward the petals. From my Internet searches, I think these holes and the clips may be the difference between PT908-21050-02 and PT908-21051-02. I have only ever found references to the clips with the PT908-21051-xx parts.

Hope this helps!

8. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wow - now I'm really confused. I want a set of OEM all-weather mats that have the same 2 holes (in the driver's mat) as my original carpet mats. I'm going to take the originals out, and replace them with the all-weathers. It does seem that there are 2 types.

Can anyone tell me if the one's sold on this site have the 2 holes (in the driver's mat) just like the carpeted version?

PriusChat Shop : Toyota Prius OEM All Weather Floor Mats - $87.00

ThanX!

... Brad

9. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    As a side note, the best way to clean your carpeted mats is to power wash them at your local coin operated car wash. I do that a couple times a year.

10. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Anyone? Bueler? :)

... Brad

11. pbpuzzle

pbpuzzle New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes these have the exact hole in the drivers side mat. They look great & are very servicable. This set has 4 mats (2 front & 2 rear).

12. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey pbpuzzle, and thanX for the reply! :)
    Just for clarification, my driver's side mat has 2 holes (on the side closest to the seat) in it. These mats also have 2 holes, and not just one ... right?

ThanX again!!!

... Brad

13. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I ordered the PT908-21051-02 and received my floor mats a few weeks ago and they are the rubber mats with the clips. The mats look great. Wish I had bought them when I got the car.