1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Allow myself to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by 1SMUGLEX, Apr 29, 2009.

1. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello PriusChat!!

I've been following hybrids for a long time and have been a Lexus owner for a long time. My next step was going to be a hybrid. I admire the Prius and it was on my list of next vehicles but I made the decision to get a Lexus hybrid, a GS 450h recently.

My background is being a Super-Moderator on Clublexus for 8 years and my own club seloc. I was informed by a member there Nextourer to join here for more hybrid information.

One of my goals is to see if I can squeeze 30 MPG average out the "h".

I hope to learn a lot here and contribute as I can. Seems like a great place. THanks

Mike

[​IMG][​IMG]

Not bad for having 340hp!:)

[​IMG]

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome and congrats. That's a fine machine you're getting there and a lot of prius info will translate well to the h.

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wow, 40 MPG is the roof in the Consumption screen (Ours is 99.99 MPG). Very respectable for that kind of power.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Gorgeous ride! Welcome to PriusChat. Soon we'll have a section for the Lexus HSD cars where you can call home :)

5. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks everyone.

That would be awesome:rockon:

6. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  7. Matt Herring

Matt Herring New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oooh...I like that minute by minute consumption screen on the Lexus! Would like that in my Prius to help focus in on "trouble spots" during my commute to try to improve fe in those stretches. Nice ride!

The 5 minute fe display in the Prius is also helpful but alot can happen on the road in 5 minutes so a detailed minute by minute mpg readout is cool. A digital xx.x readout in the 5 minute bar would also be nice (similar to the regen cars they put in the bar for recharge info.). The 5 minute listed mpg above the regen cars in the 5 minute bar is on my wish list.

8. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At a constant 110km per hour your 340hp engine is most likely producing 40 or 50hp. In traffic is goes just as slow as the car in front of you even if that car has 10hp output at the wheels. I'd have got a Prius.

Welcome to Prius chat, and yep, lots of great info here. Glad to see you are pushing your consumption in the right direction.

I have a question for all the other members, how long will it take to recover the Lexus premium?