1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Allstate's Drivewise

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by K_prius, Dec 20, 2022.

1. K_prius

K_prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hello,

Is anyone familiar with Allstate's Milewise policy?

Did it work well for you or did your monthly premium change?

Did the app / device work properly?

all information is welcomed

Happy Holidays

#1 K_prius, Dec 20, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have the lowest insurance rates in the whole world practically with USAA I've had accidents in the rates didn't go up No kidding I've been with them for 35 years I wouldn't have any of this nonsense in my car my OBD2 port My phone or whatever for these idiots they don't need to know anything about me or my driving they just know I've been paying them for 35 years and they offer me the lowest rates because I haven't cost them any effing money and that's how it should be I don't need to prove anything to an insurance company they need to prove something to me capiche and that's that. They've got all you newbies on the run with this nonsense and then charging you absorbent rates to begin with telling you they can come down if you allow them entry into your vehicle uhh No

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So you want them to mine whatever data that their dongle will collect from your driving and phone use?

Google gets too much of my life's detail already. I wouldn't want to be giving it away to more corporations. But that's me.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

fuzzy1 and Tombukt2 like this.
  4. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    google maps on your phone does the same thing, you just don't know about it. I have a similar app on my phone from GEICO, I got a small discount from activating it. It basically monitors how you drive (sudden turns, braking, speeding, trip duration) and gives out a score. I've been through several insurance companies and they always jack up their rates every couple years for no-reason (inflation or cost of doing business)

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    USAA not a rate hike in about 26 or so years . And I wouldn't want them to get my driving habits then my rates would go up for sure. I know how to avoid the law and tickets but you can't escape that electronic nonsense once you give somebody permission I don't care what Google knows

6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You should care. You should care very much.

Tombukt2 likes this.
  7. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    There's nothing going on with me that I would really care about You know a lot of these young people got a lot of things happening those days are past for me. Now medical and insurance companies is quite a different story and if medical and insurance companies across referencing to Google for things while all they're going to see for me is where I travel to and a lot of times that's not by car so it's not going to be very relevant but the days of me worrying about what people know how soon I won't be here so they can know all they want I hope they love their information and it's helpful to something or somebody. But probably not me