1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alltel v710 OBEX Bluetooth Function in Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by efusco, Mar 3, 2006.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are Several Threads discussing how Verizon (and maybe US Cellular?) crippled the OBEX Bluetooth capability of the v710 making it impossible to import the phone book into the Prius.

This Article says that OBEX is enabled in the Alltel version of the phone. My wife needs a new phone and wants to stay with the Alltel system and the v710 is the Bluetooth phone available from Alltel that would be most compatible with our current selection of chargers and is most like my v505 so it makes some sense to go with that.

But, I would like someone who uses the v710 with Alltel to confirm full compatibility before I make the purchase...if possible.

2. ttabbal

ttabbal New Member

Well, I have the Alltel firmware on my Verizon RAZR and OBEX, and more importantly, OPP, work just fine now. Alltel doesn't seem to cripple the phones like Verizon does. The V710 should work just fine with that. I can't verify 100%, but it seems likely. It will probably be like the RAZR where you can only transfer one contact at a time.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for that. I'm tempted to get the RAZRv3 since it's the same price as the v710, but it uses a different charger connector meaning we'd have to take two chargers on trips and have more plugged in around the house. And my wife doesn't use anything but the phone anyway.

Sure would be nice if I could buy a cheaper phone with BT...don't need the camera, video, e-mail, games or any of that crap, just want a phone that'll connect to my Prius via BT and that has good reception.