1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Almost a new Prius Owner!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cylynne, Apr 7, 2005.

1. cylynne

cylynne New Member

Hey guys,

Tuesday my DH called me at work and asked me how I would feel about getting a new car. Needless to say I don't get those kind of calls very often, so I was floored! Anyways, he had been reworking our budget and found that because we both have extremely long drives to work each day (1-1.5 hours one way), it would behoove us to trade in his 4WD Tacoma for a Hybrid. The beautiful thing about it is that he would take my Camry and I would get the new car!

So we did some research on which hybrid would be the best and settled on the Prius. He called around the Toyota dealerships in town and found that all the dealerships were saying there would be a 6 month wait if we wanted a specific color/package. BUT, we tried our local Toyota dealership (we live in the country) and they were calling for a 2-month wait. So that night he went to that dealership to see what kind of trade-in value he could get for his truck. I had asked him to see if he could get a black Prius with charcoal interior. They had a salsa base model on the lot that he was able to test-drive that night, but I really wanted the black one with more options. Turns out that this dealership had an unclaimed black pkg #4 Prius on the way and it should be here next week! The only concession is that it has a tan interior instead of gray, but with some seat covers I can deal with that. We got it for MSRP, and a good deal on our trade-in as well. 8)

I am soooo excited... I have been lurking about this website for the last two days trying to learn as much as possible about the Prius so I'll have an idea of what to expect when it gets here. DH and I are both kinda geeky so all the new technology and options are pretty exciting to both of us. :oops:

Anyways, I feel like I'm counting the hours at this point... the dealership said that it will be here between Monday and Thursday of next week. We're hoping that it will be Monday or Tuesday, because we're heading to the beach on Wednesday and it would be sweet to take the Prius there.

Gah... sorry, I know this was long, I'm just so excited and had to tell somebody... LOL :D

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! That's really nice.

P.S. What's DH?

3. cylynne

cylynne New Member

sorry... DH = Dear Husband. :)