1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Almost a newbie

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by D&H, Sep 25, 2008.

1. D&H

D&H New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']My wife has decided and now has car lots looking to get her the car.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']First one that comes up with a Package #6 Spectra Blue 2009 Prius has her business.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Looking forward to it.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I have admired this car for a long long time now.... and can hardly wait.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']We have one guy that says he will have it by the weekend[/FONT]

2. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. D&H

D&H New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Actually we have ( or had ) multiple dealerships working to get access to a couple of cars that just came off the boat. We finalized the decision with one of them, signed papers last night, the car is being loaded on a truck on the way to the dealership now in the color and package #6 that we wanted and we are expected to pick it up on Saturday.

In the mean time the dealership is letting us borrow a car until ours comes in which they guarantee within 5 days but expect it on Saturday.

Spectra Blue Package #6 ( non touring )

This is the first time I have ever purchased a car, when I didn’t actually have the exact car I was buying sitting right in front of me.

That is how sure we are that we wanted a Prius.

In my humble opinion, car dealers that have your name on a list are not always working all that hard to get you the car you want ( warning, warning ) they will give any car to anyone first that is standing there with a down payment ready to purchase.

We have the Vin number of the car we are getting.... we are just really excited looking forward to driving it home.

Thank you for the advice, this forum is likely to be a tremendous help as this is a very different kind of car.

I did learn one thing, I knew a few things about the Prius that the salesman didn’t know...... in other words...... I will be reading the Manual cover to cover myself.... and not trusting to information given by the dealership.

4. D&H

D&H New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I suppose the other thing I am saying, is dont get on a list and then wait.... dealerships work harder if they know someone else could snag your business away in a heartbeat, that you are loyal to the car you want to purchase, and not specifically that dealership

5. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    re: "amost a Newbie"

(almost) Welcome to PC! :) Look around lots of useful info here.