1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Almost got to drive it home today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Grunthos, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Grunthos

Grunthos Senior Azgoth Poetmaster

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today was all set to be the big day! I got the call that the dealer had my new 08 Prius ready to go, and I could come down there and close the deal when I was ready. So I showed up and completed the paperwork, but I never thought to even look at it before finishing the deal. Once I did get in, the very first thing I checked, the Bluetooth phone, didn't work. It didn't even show up in the menus. I can only assume it was disconnected somehow when they were installing the XM radio. I'm also disappointed with the paint job on the rear of the car. I pointed out that it was extremely poor and I'm hoping they can buff it out. But I did get to give a new salesman his first sale.

Since I had already completed the paperwork and traded in my old car, I had to wait while they gassed up a loaner for me to get back to work. There's something ironic about going into a dealership to buy a Prius and leaving with a Highlander...
    --Josh

2. Grunthos

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I finally got to drive it today! Apparently, the bluetooth being missing was a factory mistake. (Somehow, they shipped a package 3 car with no bluetooth.) In any case, I love it! I got 62 mpg on my first time driving it (from the dealer to work) and I couldn't be happier!
    --Josh

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats! What a great day.

Pictures are in order, I do believe.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations! Now the fun really begins...
    :D

5. Grunthos

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It certainly has been a comedy of errors: I just noticed that there is no temporary license taped to the back window, as is required in Minnesota. So I'm driving a car with no plates, and no permit. I called the dealership and they confirmed that they forgot to create one for me. So there's at least one more trip to the dealership in my very near future. (Right now, for example.) I'll try to stay away from the cops on the way...
    --Josh

6. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on the new ride. These Prii as they call it here in this forum are great. Just don't be an easy target and start swerving in traffic. When I took delivery of my Prius, I did not have the required inspection sticker for 3 days here in Pa....just don't get caught. :D