1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Almost have my 2008 Black pkg #4

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by hometech99, Mar 14, 2008.

1. hometech99

hometech99 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    HI-

I am starting haggling on this car with dealers. I have had Subaru small wagons for a long time- fell in love with them at an auto show in 1980!
    My job has me sitting in stop& go traffic for 40 minutes- and my 2007 4 cylinder car is getting a consistent 21.5-22 MPG! :eek: Its an Outback Sport Special Edition.

I'm not adverse to the Prius- in fact, in the late 1980's, we had plans from some company called "Mother's Plans" that showed you how to take an old VW Bug- get an aircraft engine starter motor and have the coil rewound- get a generator and a lawn mower engine and batteries- and have a battery driven bug with onboard generator! So, Ive had an interest in this for a while- I just learned to never buy "Version 1.0" of anything, so i didnt jump on the Prius bandwagon right away. But my father-in-law the electronic engineer caved and got one, so I had to go for it!

Anyway, I really like the newer body in black- almost a little James Bond-ish. (gotta have chrome wheels on it ;) Package 4 has everything I have in my current Subaru and adds the steering wheel controls. My wife has a Sienna Limited AWD, and i HATE the nav in it- so I will look for a portable that has map upgradeability and traffic data.

I have sirius integrated into the subaru- i dont like the one-line display that you have to hit a button to cycle data- im used to our home unit- the nice bulky multi-line Audiovox PNP unit. I hear the Toyota unit only gives you 10 characters ? does it display several lines of data at once though (channel number,name , artist, song)?

anyway, hello and I cant wait to get this :bounce: , if I get the deal I want!

2. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    not "caved" ... "rose to the occasion" ... smart move ... James Bondish? I like that.:whoo:

3. hometech99

hometech99 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    well, I say "caved", because he was initially against it, due to fear of battery replacement cost. But, his wife wanted it- so he got it ;)

4. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I saw a solid black one when I was in Costco last evening. I've never been partial to black cars, but it looked great. If I had a full-time butler/servant who could wash and wax it for me every day, I'd probably want a black one! Anyway, hope you get a deal you like, and welcome to PC. :welcome:

5. hometech99

hometech99 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I agree- thats why I probably will pay the piper and get the $400 paint sealer- unless I can deal it cheaper :D
    my arms cant handle rubbing Zymol on every few weeks!

curious- why did Costco have it there?? i know they have an auto program set up with certain dealers- but are they having something with this car?

6. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm not sure of the answer to your question. The Costco here (supposedly the biggest one in Montana, which may not be saying a whole lot, but it is a good-sized store, no smaller than the one I recently visited in Minneapolis) usually has one or two cars/trucks on display near the entrance. Brands/manufacturers vary, seems like there was a Jeep there last time I was in (I go about once every two weeks). I think they just mix it up a bit.