1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Almost to 5K... and a "well baby check up" is scheduled...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by OceanEyes, Jan 25, 2013.

1. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Scheduled the 5K "well baby checkup" for next week... in 10 miles I will roll 5K on the odometer - a milestone. Still enjoying my ride immensely but it will be fun to be in the waiting room and look at the 2013s just for fun....

Jeep may have initiated it by marketing their product as "it's a Jeep thing" (had a Jeep Cherokee that liked eating alternators and spitting them out in the mechanic's face - it did that to three alternators - two under the warranty) but there is nothing like it being "a Prius thing." :love: Was chatting with a health professional this evening whose sister also had a huge swig of the Prius Kool Aid and this professional was saying how "cool" her sister's car was. Before I took the final swig I never would have thought I'd be uttering "cool" and "Prius" in the same sentence....:D

Gas mileage was at an all time low this week as temps did not get above 20 F for two days... but the heated seats made me overlook the mere 40mpgs I got on one trip and the ability to connect the iPad to the car and play music through the system definitely got my mind off of the "crummy" mpgs...

2. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My car still has 1200 miles on it [​IMG] I stopped into my dealer today, in my SUV of course, and test drove a 2013 RAV4 XLE. Damn that thing looked & drove awesome. The 6 speed tranny shifts just like the Sienna 6 speed does; butter smooth. The salesman & I joked around how I will never be able to use that 2 year 24k mile freebie service as the time limit will run out before I get to the service intervals :) Oh well.

Mike

OceanEyes likes this.
  3. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes but your baby is in pristine shape getting to sleep through the winter! May will be here before you know it - can't believe we just powerblasted through January....

4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    January is flying by :) That is good.

Mike

OceanEyes likes this.
  5. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes you will, service at 12 months and at 24 months, oil and check overs. FREE! and tire rotate if needed! :D Mileage does not matter.:whistle:

6. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So they will change the oil even if it has 1200 miles?

Mike

Mobile on my SGH-i717

7. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yep! I think toyota states 10,000 miles or one year on oil change and maintance check. please correct me if I am wrong!

8. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll ask them next month when I bring my wife in to see the new RAV4 ;)

Mike

Mobile on my SGH-i717