1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ALMS Top Dog Steve Pruit has been racing a hybrid against regular ALMS cars - and winning!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    You gotta read this !!!

For any of you that know who Steve Pruitt is, and knows how Kers has performed in F1, you are going to be very excited by this article. Steve Priutt did the math and figured out that a hybrid battery (like the Prius) could save enough fuel to trim one or two pit stops off of the 24 Hours of Le Mans (enough to create a huge advantage). As he has been preparing (through shorter ALMS races right now), he has been achieving 3rd and 4th place spots (therefore, beating most of the gasoline & diesel pack). His hybrid is holding in competition with Audi's TDI, Porsche, and Ferrari. Doing the math, if his hybrid can save him one or two pit stops in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, he could actual WIN! Using a Hybrid!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...8.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsForth

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, that's pretty cool. Just goes to show that he hates stopping for gas just as much as I do.

3. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

That's how Audi's R10 TDIs have been winning - by being extremely fuel efficient.

4. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I was thinking the exact same thing when I was typing the original post. :)