1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alpine Perfect Fit dash kit in silver color finally available!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Grren4ever, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Browsing on Ebay again and Alpine finally released a silver version of the perfect fit bezel to match the silver color of my 2013 prius dash. Previously, they only offered black colored bezel.

$_57.jpg $_572.jpg $_573.jpg

2. tharepairguy

tharepairguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    wow they are really proud of that...

3. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Just a correction here. Although it looks silver in the pictures, the kit is actually black. After speaking to the seller and Alpine USA myself, they still do not have the silver colored bezel out yet, and I don't believe that they intend to release a silver colored bezel out anytime soon. As a matter of fact, I have a feeling that this Alpine kit will be possibly discontinued - it is getting harder to find online.

Which means that Prius owners like myself with a silver colored mid-dash console will have to purchase it and spray paint the black bezel.
    DSC00003.JPG

the OEM color looks like a gun-metal metallic paint. Anyone know the paint code for this?

Anyhow, I purchased the Alpine kit to fit the 8 inch INE-z928HD which arrived in the mail today:

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Although made in China, this $200 kit looks to be of decent quality. The bezel's plastic is thick yet pliable and the wires, metal bracket look well made. However, the steering wheel control module rattles when you shake it! I will have to take it apart and glue down whatever it is that is rattling since this will eventually annoy me once it is mounted onto the car.