1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alterable functions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marjam, Jul 1, 2006.

1. marjam

marjam Member

Today, with the help of my friends on PriusChat, I turned off the backup beep and tomorrw I will turn off the seatbelt beep. I always wear the seatbelt and I only want the car to beep at me when there is really something wrong. I have also learned about the scantool with which the dealer can make other changes. Toyota, if you are listening, (and I know you are!) all of these functions should be able to be controlled by the owner through the MFD and/or listed in the Owner's Manual. Nothing seems to be so dangerous that you could really mess something up! What additional fun it would be to be able to really customize things like the Panic Button, how long the interior lights stay lit, etc. Come on Toyota, you can trust us! The car is so great, let us have more fun with it!

2. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Can't agree more!

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes! Please have more user-customisable features please! Why should we waste the dealer's time when they could be servicing a car or repairing one? Something this trivial is easier done by ourselves.

4. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I know I said it before.... I had thought about turning OFF the back up beep because it IS VERY annoying... however, there have been several occasions when it had saved me from an OH_OH@!!!!!!

I want to push the shift forward to GO , not forward to back up.....!!!!!