1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alternate backup camera

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by dwp-wa, Mar 13, 2008.

1. dwp-wa

dwp-wa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just when I was going to order the Coastaletch back up camera, they ran out. Has anyone installed an alternate backup camera with the backup camera lock pick? Almost every license plate backup camera on the web is cheaper than the ($375) camera sold by coastaletch.

I have added an addendum to this question. Why do the coastaletch camera install instructions show a 3.5mm dual (stereo) connector for the camera? Is this what their lock pick requires? All other cameras use a straight RCA connector. I am hoping tht someone who has installed the lock pick can answer this question, because it does not make any sense.

2. dwp-wa

dwp-wa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am posing the question differently. Why does Coastaletch's camera installation guide show a 3.5 mm dual connector? Is this the connector the lock pick requires, or is there another connector that is not shown?