1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alternative Fuel Fair in Lacey Wa

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Jan 24, 2006.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Lacey WA has an Alternative Fuel Fair each spring. Last year a few of us gathered and had an area to park our cars and talk to the crowd. They had a good time and we have been invited back. I thought some of the Oregon people might like to come up. Heck I go down to Portland quite a bit. It is not a bad drive. I thought I would put up the post I have on the Washington site and invite everyone to the party. PM me if you would like to come so I can give the folks at Lacy Parks an Idea on how many parking spots we might need.

Come one came all. We have been invited to return to the Alternative Fuel Fair in Lacy again this year. You people who were there must have behaved yourselves last year, they want us back. I just spoke with the coordinator at Lacy Parks. I know Frank and Dave were there, talk to them it is a good time. We can spread the word, answer questions and show off our cars. The MiniScanner was a big hit the CAN-View will go over well. I am going to build it into the schedule so I can be there. I hope to have Norm there and hook him up with Mike the Ifix’em guy. The fair will feature Hybrids of all stripes, Bio Diesel, electric cars and the climax is an electric car race. The cars are built by local High school, and College teams. Never been to the Indy 500 well this is almost as good!! Start PM me and let me know and I will keep Lacy Parks posted.

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

count me in again as it was fun. I hope the weather is as good this year as last and this time I'll check the I5 road reports so don't get caugh in the repaving project if it's still happening.

3. benighted

benighted New Member

Sounds nifty. I'll PM you

4. benighted

benighted New Member

Maybe I will learn how to make my own <s>moonshine</s> fuel.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I can help you with the "shine" the trick is the tightness of the coil!

6. benighted

benighted New Member

Yeah, I have looked at buying a still but they are so expensive and the ones needed to make the potency of ethanol needed for fuel seem to be complicated to make. But from your last post it sounds like it is possible to do it with a copper coil, is that true? I guess these are the sort of questions I will need to ask at the fair.

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Dude you can cook mash with out going to some one to make one for you. You can even make some for your own consumption. BTW I will be at the Lacy Alternative Fuel Fair. We can talk "shine" or Prii or what ever!

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I thought I would up date this as we are getting closer to the date. Mark your calanders. She was impressed at people coming from BC and Spokane. I would like to see a Oregon plate or two. We may be installing a CAN View that day! I just talked to Kathleen Burns the organizer of the Lacy Alternative fuel fair. She is very interested in our presence at the Fair. She had a number of questions. First was about plug in Hybrids. She knew about the California group that did the mod but did not know about the most recent company that is doing fleet conversions. She asked if we could make informational posters on the subject. Anyone up for that? She was interested in mods. She is interested in the CAN-View, ScanGage, back up camera, iPod interfaces etc. I am hoping to have enough people with different cars to have examples of many solutions. Second to last I told her we need space for 6 cars should we reserve more for the demo area. I figure we can move them in an out from public parking areas as needed. Should we go to 8 or 10? I have a ton of camping stuff so I can bring tarps, coolers etc. Lets begin to count noses. Here is the URL http://www.ci.lacey.wa.us/events/events_main_page.html

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Please don't make me beg. OK make me beg! Please, Please won't some of you try to come! I would love to have a Oregon Plate there. Remember I went to a Oregon High School! I caught my first Brown Trout in Oregon, as well as my first Steelhead and Salmon! The only thing I knew before that were Perch, Blue Gill and Bass!! Don't leave a fly fisherman hanging! Give me a brake!! Lacey is not so far away! I Promise you a good time. The electric car race is not to be missed! Impress the peasants! Show off your knowledge! Bump shoulders with Prius Chatters. Just Come!!

10. benighted

benighted New Member

11. benighted

benighted New Member

OOps, there it is, nevermind. Electric car race & Alternative fuel fair. May 6

12. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Next Saturday May 6th in Lacey WA Altenative Fuel Fair. You are all Welcome!!! Looks like it may be a nice day for a drive and heaven knows we can afford a nice drive better than most! The PC will have a area for our cars and several PCers there with our cars. Please come if you can I would love to see some folks from Portland and Oregon!! Check out the Washington Local group thread for more info. We have people comming from Spokane, Vancover, Seattle and the Coast! Electric Car races start at 11:30 with the high school entries!
    Check it out here> http://www.ci.lacey.wa.us/events/updates/lacey_event_b.html

13. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Apr 24 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]244366[/snapback]</div>
    dude and dude'ts can't we have just one Oregon plate there! Come on. One!

14. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Apr 25 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]245279[/snapback]</div>
    This sounds REALLY INTERESTING. Are they going to invite us to this in May 2007? I think I would like to go. I want to learn as much as I can about PHEV.