1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Am I a screen junkie?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by GreenPri2009, Jun 6, 2009.

1. GreenPri2009

GreenPri2009 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had my Prius just about 3 weeks now and since getting on these boards, I've become obsessed with the "new", to me, method of driving. I'm constantly switching screens to see how much gas I've consumed and always striving to do better.

A friend of mine just commented, that in D.C. I'd be ticketed in a heartbeat for talking on a cell phone but I'm constantly switching screens which is equally as bad. Is it just me? I need to get a life beyond trying to pulse and glide!

He says I'll need to look into a support group soon for this addiction!:mad:

I have to admit too, I'm constantly holding up traffic while I'm striving to get higher mileage. Trust me, I was never cheap till my Prius and it's not about the cost of gas, it's all about the accomplishment.

Is there hope:confused:

2. plcehob

plcehob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know what you mean. I put a deposit down a month ago and joined the Prius Chat to be prepare for the big day. I have read the various threads on a daily basis for tips since this will be the first time I will own a hybrid car. The Blue Prius III that I ordered is due at Koons on June 24th. I can't wait!:rockon:

I also know that once I get the car, I will be on this site more often. Looking forward to the commute to D.C. next month.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a better idea. Purchase a ScanguageII from the PriusChat Shop for $159.99 and then you can watch your "vitals" right in front of you without having to look at the screen and you can watch the real important stuff like Ignition timing, RPM, Water Temp, etc.. :)

Between that and the screen you'll have a blast driving the car AND you get so used to it that it is not at all distracting or unsafe to do while driving. :)