1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Am I alone in Mexico City?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Dispie, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Dispie

Dispie New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi all!
    I registered a while ago but have never posted anything. Just wanna say hi :)
    I'm Russian and stayed with the Prius 11 in Russia. Last December my company transferred me to Mexico. When I decided to buy a car, there was no doubts which one to choose :) Unfortunately they still don't sell Prius in Mexico (same in Russia), that's why in February I brought a 2005 Prius 20 from the US (as a foreigner I can do that, but local people cannot bring cars younger than 10 years old).
    Just wondering if my Prius is the only one in huge Mexico City;)

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, I bet you are the only one! Definately the first Mexican poster I recall here.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You are very likely the only one. The unique electronics and mechanical apparatus of the Prius means that you really need a Prius technician to work on it. The fact that the Prius is not sold in Mexico means that there are none of these. On the other hand, Priuses almost never need repair work, and the routine oil-change stuff can be done by anyone. But I think few people would bring in a car that cannot be repaired there. Good luck with it.

I visited Mexico City for a week. It's an amazing place, full of art and culture, but just breathing the air is like smoking several packs of cigarettes a day. Don't inhale!

4. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    WOW - that's a nice story. Welcome to PC.

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I love Mexico City (I was just there last month). I've been to the Museum of Anthropology three or four times, and could easily go back another dozen times and not be bored (there are halls there I still haven't ever been in).

Bienvenido and welcome aboard!