1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Am I crazy? I want my tires from my Gen 2 to put on Gen 3.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by AKCMommy, Jan 29, 2010.

1. AKCMommy

AKCMommy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just bought tires about 4k miles ago for my gen 2. The OEMs gave up at about 25k.

Would it be a ridiculous request when I buy the gen 3 to ask the dealer to swap them out for the oems? I am planning on trading my 07 (w/29k miles) in on the 10.

I hated that the oems wore out so fast. I bought the replacements at Costco. I think they were the Michelin X.

Are the rims the same on the 07 and the 10? Or will I have to have them remount?

Thanks!

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's not such a crazy idea to want better tires than stock, but they may not fit. Check the sizes of old and new. You'd have to remount them, for sure, but I think the sizes are different.

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Yes, GIII tires are larger. May also not be the same diameter, as some models come with 17", not 16". If they are both 15", you'll find the GIII tires are larger. So the GII tires would be a little down on load capacity.

I hear the OEM tires on the GIII are better than they were on the GII. So you may not -want- to change them.

4. AKCMommy

AKCMommy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you. I am glad that I asked!

5. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yeah the GenIIIs come with Yokohama tires which are much better than the Integrity on the Gen II. I would doubt the dealer would do that anyways...

Just demand higher for your trade because of the new tires.