1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Am ordering now. Please rate options 1=least/10=must have

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tadzue, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tadzue

tadzue New Member

Am ordering a Prius now. I am a first time buyer. Please rate the necessary options - other than the car. I know I want the air bags but what about the sound shield, etc. ? I don't live in a large area so am not sure the Nav system is necessary.
    What are my chances of getting a made to order as opposed to anything that shows up?

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Made-to-order doesn't exist. Found-exactly-what-you-ordered is possible. Pickiness on your part invites huge delays.

Even cross-town trips in cities I visit infrequently make the NAV a great tool. If you travel at all, it might fill a huge need someday.

Smart Start/Smart Entry is great. Anti-theft is important.

I can't say the ToyoGard I got (only sound shield I know of that a dealer supplies) does a lot of sound shielding...

Oh, wait. Package #9 would be a 10 (must have), and anything else that doesn't combine NAV, side air bags, anti-theft and SS/SE is a 1...

3. Liam

Liam New Member

The VSC and SS/SE or both 10 for me. The NAV and radio upgrade was not important at all for me. I got package #7 which is exactly what I would have picked if we were allowed to chose options individualy.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.