1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amazing experience on purchasing Prius V from Dianne Whitmire

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by albert1028, Aug 24, 2010.

1. albert1028

albert1028 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know there are many threads on Dianne Whitmire, but I hope to add a detailed review to help others in their decision of where to purchase a Toyota or Scion.

First of all, I have PMed Dianne many times in the past three months before making my decision to buy a Prius for my wife. She was really patient with me in my questions about the prius and the pricing. She has been a very honest and transparent person to work with even though I may have not been ready to purchase a car from her. I also felt that she treated me as if I was about to purchase a car immediately. This really showed that she cares about customer satisfaction and aims to please!!

Fast forward several months to last week. I PM her and she PMs me back within a few hours Friday evening to schedule an appointment to come in to test drive a Prius. *Gold Star #1*

We arrive at 2PM and although she is busy wrapping up her previous client, she comes out and gives a extremely warm welcome to my wife and I. She then asks for Jane Landwair to assist in showing us the car and taking us for a test drive. Even though she was assisting Dianne, she was extremely enthusiastic about showing us a prius, I mean truly showing in the sense that she wanted us to look at every nook and cranny and function of the prius so that we were able to make an informed decision as to if the prius was right for us. She even took us to show us all the colors that the Prius came in and even showed us the lower model Prius IV so that we could compare to see if the Prius V was still the car for us. The test drive was extremely helpful, being able to take it onto the freeway and all the time Jane kept us entertained and answered all the questions we had.

Being an engineer, I like to ask all the technical questions. And all the answers from both Jane and Dianne were spot on with all of my research on PriusChat. You know they have done their homework on these cars and are very experienced people that are able to articulate the functions on this car in a simple manner. *Gold Star #2*

When we were ready to discuss numbers, Dianne was completely honest and let us know all the incentives that I had previously researched before going in, including dealer incentives. She even spent the extra 30 minutes explaining the different finance options and how it may be better than my original thoughts of buying the car right out in cash. *Gold Star #3*

When went to deal with numbers, she gave an amazing deal, that almost no dealer will touch unless maybe all the stars were aligned and you spent a great deal of time. She was able to work with me in making me extremely satisfied on the price of the car and not only that, she spent the extra time to make sure we were comfortable and satisfied with the entire process.
    *Gold Star #4*

Normally, signing the final papers with the Finance Department can be extremely rough due to the upsells that they keep trying to force in your face, but not with Noel, he was an amazing finance person who did not force people to buy anything we didn't want. We did not feel the least bit defensive at all. This is the way that the finance department should be like. *Gold Star #5*

What was even more surprising was that she knew the auto broker that I use to deal with in the San Francisco Bay Area and knew not only his name but also has dealt with him in the past. Now I know never to go to an Autobroker for a car and go to people like Dianne and Jane, which is quite rare in the car industry.

Our delivery went extremely smoothly and Jane helped us since Dianne had previous engagements that she could not get out of. *Gold Star #6*

The great thing is that for the first two days that we had the car, Jane kept calling even though I did not have the opportunity to pick up her phone call. She was calling to ask if we had any further questions after getting more time in the car. She even programmed Dianne's and her cell phone number if we had any questions or difficulty with operating the car. *Gold Star #7*

Overall, this has been the BEST experience we've ever had on purchasing the car from a dealer. I would not hesitate to recommend someone else to go to Dianne and Jane for a Toyota or Scion.

[For those who were not counting, I gave the experience with Dianne and Jane 7 Gold Stars/Thumbs up! haha] (yes i know this is a subjective system of gold star ratings, but if you don't believe me, go experience it yourself)

2 people like this.
  2. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Gosh Albert! Thank you. Sometimes, I forget that just being me (and I mean that very kindly) and doing my work / job is very different than how others behave and treat you. What's natural and normal for me seems pretty hard for others to do. I just treat my peeps the way I would want to be treated. Thank you!

It was a pleasure meeting you!
    Di