1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amazing Fuel Economy

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by wintechsw, Aug 1, 2012.

1. wintechsw

wintechsw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had the chance today to drive a dealer demo C while my Gen3 was being serviced. I left my Gen3 at indicated 3.9l/100km and drove about 120km for the day in the C. While the 'choppy' ride characteristics and the 'garish' interior weren't to my liking, I was impressed by the economy that can be achieved with one of these vehicles.

By way of background, let me say that I have owned 3 Prius(2x Gen2 and 1x Gen3, a total of 110k km driving), and the best FE I have achieved in normal urban driving conditions is 4.0l/100km actual calculated (indicated 3.9) with the current Gen3.

The C I drove today had the indicated consumption from 2600km of everybody and his dog driving of 4.8l/100km when I started driving. Given my above previous Prius driving experience, I was mightily impressed with the FE that I was able to achieve. Let me start out by saying that I was able to reduce the final overall reading to 4.7l/100km when I handed it back.

But what astounded me was the FE for the final 20km when I drove back to the dealership. For those who do not understand what I am saying is that when the speedo is in the trip mode, the FE is calculated for the latest trip from startup.

The readout read 2.8l/100km for the last 20km that I drove.

Now do your own maths, but the 20km FE I achieved to my reckoning is US 84mpg or Imp 100mpg. Even the overall driving figure of US 49mpg or Imp 59mpg is impressive.

Just my observations.

2. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    2.8l/100km is achievable, my best so far is 35.6 km/l or about 2.8l/100km and this is my 1st tank!
    01082012594.jpg
    Vincent

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It appears that while the GenIII LB can easily achieve 70+mpg in the city once warmed up, the c makes it much easier to achieve 70mpg and higher in the same conditions. The reduced weight and reduced rolling resistance makes it the perfect urban car. I considered one just for the ease in which you can hypermile these things but my freeway dominant commute favored the GenIII LB. I'd love to see what I could get with one though. :)