1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amazing!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by daveleeprius, Dec 4, 2006.

1. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So I drove to work last Friday around noon, normally I take the bus but that day I had to work late so I wanted the car to get home. I enter the parking garage and had to climb to the 7th floor before I found a big enough parking spot to leave my shiny new Prius in so as not to get any nasty door dings. And all the while I was climbing the ramps, the car remained in electric mode!

Amazing car!

Dave

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Aw heck. I just drove 80 miles home at 65mph in electric mode the entire way. Of course I wasn't driving anything as modern as the Prius. It was in a car that was designed 12 years ago... by the same company. :sigh:

3. Cox

Cox New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Dec 4 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]357667[/snapback]</div>
    Ha! Showoff!

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The same thing happened to me in a garage a couple of weeks ago. I was amused that I was getting 99.9 MPG while going uphill, but since when I got back the engine was cold so I got about 25 MPG coasting downhill.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I LOVE THAT!! For me, that's the best part.

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 4 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]357760[/snapback]</div>
    Ha! That's crazy. Good use for the EV mode, me thinks! Just fire the ICE once you need help propelling the vehicle - then you can warm the car and get traction power from the same amount of gasoline.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cox @ Dec 4 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]357718[/snapback]</div>
    My smugness knows no bounds. :)

It still bugs me that the Prius requires gasoline for any but the very shortest of trips - and even then there's no free lunch as gasoline will STILL be used to replenish the battery SOC. :sigh: Two years, folks. Two years, and I think we'll finally have some real options again. Maybe a REAL hybrid that can run on two different energy sources, in stead of just two different motive forces from a single fuel.

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Dec 5 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]358107[/snapback]</div>
    And it bugs me that the only EV I could actually buy now would be low-speed very-short-range. Apparently there's a two-year wait for the Tesla, and the Tango, at a fraction of the range, is weird, and has an estimated 6-month waiting time. And you pay a hundred grand NOW for either car, and then hope they actually build yours before they go bankrupt.