1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amazon Gurus -- how do I....

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Stevewoods, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I spent A LOT OF TIME earlier today selecting things to waste cash on -- not only at Amazon, but across the internet.

Turned out Amazon had the best prices, shipping, etc., but was still not sure about "pulling the trigger."

I was signed into Amazon, but decided to wait a few hours before placing the order (electrical parts, which for some reason are not available locally -- lighted three-way switches) and put them on my "saved" list.

But, now for the life of me, I go into my Amazon account and can't find them.

I don't want to recreate that list...it took me an hour plus.....any tips where I should look ...I have pretty much poked into every option under "my account."

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    On a PC, Hover over Account and Lists. (if you click, there are no lists, no one knows why)

Choose a List, Shopping List shows first for me.

Now on the left are all your lists, and you can check each one.

Tablets and Phones work differently, you would need to tell me what you have.

(Oddly my phone handles Orders way better than my tablet or, worse, my PC)

Stevewoods likes this.
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you "saved for later" after placing an item in your cart, then it will be saved under your current shopping cart content as a list of Your Items - Saved for later. Now, it is possible you might have saved the item in the List. If that's what you did, the list should be under your "Accounts & Lists" pull-down menu on the top right corner under your name.

Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 9.26.38 PM.png

Mendel Leisk and Stevewoods like this.
  4. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well!!!

Thanks to both of you. You were both right, in a different sort of way.

HOVER was a big key....who would have thunk??? Not me, obviously.

So, hovering over accounts and lists DID pull those up. But, my stuff was not in any of the lists -- lists I did not know I had.

BUT hovering over the EMPTY shopping cart icon eventually caused a whole slew of things to pop up that I had put in the cart and for some reason or other never purchased from months (if not years) ago....including the electrical stuff that I had "saved."

I much prefer to purchase this stuff locally, but NO ONE LOCALLY stocks illuminated outlets.....either in Washington state, nor in my soon to be new home in Oregon (wifey wants lighted toggles on a few key outlets, makes sense, I guess).

THANKS!!!

Salamander_King likes this.
  5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Cars, Computers, Amazon Wish Lists: I have voodoo 'fixes' that work, but for the life of me, I do not understand why.

I like it when I can explain why.

jerrymildred likes this.
  6. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL... I almost never use the shopping list on Amazon, but what I do is Air Shopping. That is I just put things I want or may buy in the future in the cart and save for later. The Saved items in the cart have the max limit of either 500 or 600 IIRC. I have reached that limit several times. When that happens, I go through the saved items and delete things I am no longer interested in to make a room for more stuff. I currently have 466 items in the "saved for later" list... :LOL:

upload_2020-12-12_18-35-34.png

srellim234, Mendel Leisk and bisco like this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i do exactly the same. haven't reached the limit yet though :p

i was never an amazon guy except for oddball items you couldn't get locally.

with covid, i'm their best customer, among other online sites.:oops:

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Anyone notice:

You used to get an email confirmation that listed the items in the order, maybe with a thumbnail pic of each too. Now the email just states the order number, and you need to click a link to go to Amazon website, to actually see what's shipping. Then more clicks if you want to print out (or print to pdf).

9. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    With their email use, the bandwidth starts adding up to real money.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    funny, the account is mrs b's, so she gets all the emails on her phone. i just look at orders on the site.

she gets an email for every order, shipment, delivery, follow up survey and rate the product.

that's an average of 4 emails per item. i just tell her to delete them.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  11. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Have to say their return process is very easy, well if you have a printer. Wrong size, not what you expected or whatever, just start a return process, they email you a PDF with instruction and return shipping label.

12. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For most returns, I just use USPS pick-up. No printer needed, I don't even have to leave the house. Just leave the boxed package outside of the door. I have also used USPS drop-off, in which case not even packaging is needed, but I do have to drive to the nearest USPS shop.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  13. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually, I don't use a printer or a box. I take the emal (still in my phone) and the item I'm returning to the UPS store that's about a mile from home and on the way to most places we go anyway. I hand then the item and show them the QR code on the email in my phone. They scan it and wish me a good day. I just did that yesterday, in fact.

As for lists vs carts, I never leave stuff in the cart. It might make for a disastrous bill when I do check out. But our wish list is a mile long!! The most recent additions are a new NVMe 1TB SSD for my new computer. Actually, three of them because I haven't made a final decision on which one I want. I'll order that next week. I put the BugsBGone mentioned in another thread in there just now so I can combine them in one order when I'm ready. (I hope they don't come in the same box!! :eek:)

Also, rather than Amazon dot com, I use smile.amazon.com which generates a small donation (at no cost to me) to the charity of my choice.

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you just have to watch out for 3rd party vendors. amazon doesn't cover their issues unless they won't respond.
    some of the chinese vendors are poor communicators

15. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yap, I only order from PRIME eligible items. Sometimes the same item may be a bit less expensive if I buy from a non-PRIME third party, but it is not worth a few bucks of saving if you have to wait for 2-3 months shipping and no returning honered.

jerrymildred likes this.
  16. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ditto. Amazon refunded the cost of the item I returned last week before I even had time to drop it off at UPS.

Mark57 and Salamander_King like this.
  17. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I sometimes use the UPS drop-off option as I said, but only if the pick-up option is not available. Yap as I commented, I don't have to package or print the label for the drop-off but I still prefer the pick-up option. The nearest UPS store is ~10 miles from our house, and I have to go inside of a building among strangers (sometimes have to wait outside so that they don't exceed the maximum number of people inside). Free pick-up is far easier and safer.

Mark57 and jerrymildred like this.
  18. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Almost everyone here wears masks and you have to wear one in a business. No line at the UPS store I go to (it's a small place). As long as the strangers don't kiss me right on the lips, it's probably OK. My biggest risk is just the driving with the idiots on the roads here. Other than watching distances and wearing masks in stores and at church, our lives are pretty normal and the COVID rates, while having gone up recently, are not like in the places that are locked down. While I do get tired of the mask, I suspect those people in the lockdown places are so frustrated that lots of them yield to the temptation to throw caution to the wind.

19. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, we have state mask mandate as well. Stores and businesses are very good trying to separate customers/workers at least 6 feet apart, but still inside a building with poor ventilation is a risk even with a mask and 6 feet distance. I will take the comfort of staying at my house and let the driver come pick-up if that option is available. Our state having the highest percentage of population 65 or older in the US, but having the second lowest COVID-19 deaths normalized by population is amazing accomplishment so far. I give all the credit to the governor/administration and state CDC efforts, and I will do all I can to help minimize the spread.

#19 Salamander_King, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  20. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I do almost the same but use the browsing history for it. I find what I'm interested in and clear out anything I've purchased or decided against. When I'm finally ready to buy it's simple to see the few remaining items I want in the browsing history and get it to the cart then.

jerrymildred and Salamander_King like this.