1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amazon Vine

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by boulder_bum, Sep 12, 2008.

1. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So there's a program Amazon has called "Vine" where select reviewers get free stuff to review.

Apparently, I'm now on it now. Sweet. :cool:

The bummer is that it looks like there's a list of stuff to choose from to get for free, and the only stuff left right now is a bunch of books. I only tend to read computer books, however, so I'm not going to request any goodies just yet. :p

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Amazon started as an on-line book store, so I'm not surprised if books are the main stuff to get for free to review. Did they contact you, or did you apply to join the program?

3. boulder_bum

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It's by invitation only and I think you get invited if you post a lot of reviews and people rank them as "helpful".

I know that some Vine reviewers got an Kensington LiquidAUX iPod/iPhone system to review, which I personally paid $70 for. I'm hoping for free loot of that variety!

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Sounds reasonable. I seldom post reviews on Amazon. I've posted reviews on TripAdvisor, but stuff I've bought on Amazon usually has a lot of reviews already. On the other hand, I don't need free stuff.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Did you verify that this is really an Amazon program and not some sort of scam?

Tom

6. boulder_bum

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yeah, I knew about the program before I was invited. You can see it when you look at the product reviews of thehttp://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B0011UK2HE?tag=priuschatcom-20 for example.

Now all my reviews on Amazon have the "Vine Voice" tag.