1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ambassador: Bush Didn’t Know There Were Two Sects of Islam

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by IsrAmeriPrius, Nov 6, 2006.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Former Ambassador to Croatia Peter Galbraith is claiming President George W. Bush was unaware that there were two major sects of Islam just two months before the President ordered troops to invade Iraq.

Galbraith claims that American leadership knew very little about the nature of Iraqi society and the problems it would face after the overthrow of Saddam Hussein.

A year after his “Axis of Evil†speech before the U.S. Congress, President Bush met with three Iraqi Americans, one of whom became postwar Iraq’s first representative to the United States. The three described what they thought would be the political situation after the fall of Saddam Hussein. During their conversation with the President, it became apparent to them that Bush was unfamiliar with the distinction between Sunnis and Shiites. Galbraith reports that the three of them spent some time explaining to Bush that there are two different sects in Islam–to which the President allegedly responded, “I thought the Iraqis were Muslims!â€

Ambassador: Bush Didn’t Know There Were Two Sects of Islam

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I heard someone joking the other day about the trials and tribulations of being a Muslim living in Northern Ireland:

- "Are you a Catholic or a Protestant?"
    - "I'm Muslim!"
    - "Oh. So are you a Catholic Muslim or a Protestant Muslim?"

3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 6 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]344507[/snapback]</div>
    ...and I thought bushes were vegetation. Isn't vegetation what they make posts out of?

4. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Well, at least we know he can read. Sort of, anyway.

5. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Nov 6 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]344529[/snapback]</div>
    I've seen lots of bad jokes turned into posts...

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He's never been much for the fine print.

Or print in any point size.

7. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 6 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]344581[/snapback]</div>

So what kind of Muslims did they turn out to be?
    Good? Bad? Evil doers?

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 6 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]344507[/snapback]</div>
    What did he care? He was on a crusade.

9. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 6 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]344604[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]

10. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it, "God is in the details," or "The Devil is in the details"...? I forget.

11. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 6 2006, 08:39 AM) [snapback]344507[/snapback]</div>
    Why am I not surprised? The guy probably has to take his mittens off just to count to two.

12. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikepaul @ Nov 6 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]344567[/snapback]</div>
    Speaking of bad jokes. This reminds me of a joke about Bush being a "post turtle". I got the joke in an email and saved the text, but can't remember (if I ever knew) the originator. The joke is below.

While a doctor was suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year old Texas rancher, whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doc and the old man struck up a conversation about George W. Bush being in the White House.

The old Texan said, "Well, ya know, Bush is a 'post turtle'."

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a "post turtle" was.

The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle."

The old man saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain,

"You know he didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just want to help the dumb bastard get down!"

13. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

How apropos!

14. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    How sad. The decider...leader of the free world...what a mess we have gotten into. It would be interesting to see what history would have been like if Bush had not taken the 2000 election. <_<

15. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ Nov 6 2006, 05:14 PM) [snapback]344784[/snapback]</div>
    :D :D :D

16. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 6 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]344537[/snapback]</div>
    He made it through My Pet Goat.

"The president is not a fact-checker." - anonymous White House source, NY Times, 7/19/2003

17. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    When bush heard about the sectarian violence, he wanted to invade sectaria <_<