1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amber Light in drivers side headlight is out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kutanks, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Kutanks

Kutanks Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So the other day i hit a snow bank in a parking-lot, which messed up my bumper. The first thing I noticed was that the amber light on the drivers side headlight was out. How easy is this to replace, can I D.I.Y.?

My fog-lights are both out too, they were cracked before and I think snow got in them. I plan to buy some win-jets and install those, getting the yellow ones to get the JDM look

2. wolfeberg

wolfeberg Appreciative Member at large

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have an '05 and replaced mine about a month ago pretty easily. The owners manual has a page on how to replace bulbs. The drivers side is easier than the passanger side because of space issues. I would recommend getting the bulb at your local parts store and DIY.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The parking light? That's super easy to replace. It's a W5W bulb (or 194/168 in the US). It's the same bulb as your maplight, personal light, licence plate and door courtesy light (if you want to see how they look like).