1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amp install for JBL/nav '05 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by slair, May 13, 2007.

1. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've been searching on how to install a sub and amp in an '05 prius with the JBL system and I cant find anything definite. Is there a guide available or can someone tell me how to find or make pre-outs, where to splice the remote on/off line. I was planning on coming off the leads from the JBL amp under the passenger seat, but with the proprietary plugs, that was shot down. I've wired plenty of amps before, but that was with after-market head units with built in pre-outs. I dont want to switch out the prius's head unit because I like the in-dash cd changer. So, with keeping everything stock, how do I install an amp for my sub. :)

Thanks.

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slair @ May 13 2007, 11:28 AM) [snapback]441060[/snapback]</div>
    Hello Slair!

Did you do a search here? I know when I was doing a speaker upgrade i came across some threads discussing just what you are asking. Try a search. Sorry I don't have factory JBL amp, or I'd make a suggestion.

3. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I found pleanty about speaker upgrades, but nothing about amp installs with the JBL setup. I'm not upgrading the door speakers yet, I just need some guidance on how to get a 2nd amp running.

4. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    An '05 w/JBL? It is so ridiculously simple. Just use a Bazooka FAST-8113 to connect between the two connectors on the amp and the head unit and wiring harness, and use a BTAH to bring the speaker-level signal back to the trunk. Then just cut off the Bazooka connector and put on your own connector. All the signals you need are there.