1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

amp to stock deck

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by wagner262, Apr 5, 2013.

1. wagner262

wagner262 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    how do you connect from the amp to the deck? Im completely confused and lost. I have a 2013 prius 2 so no JBL. I've read some write ups but still really confused! if You guys could point me in the direction of more posts or help that would be nice!

any help would be awesome!

mitchell

2. Chris S

Chris S Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here's the thread I used to do this same project on my '12 Three, non-JBL. The schematic is for a '10 but it just about matched mine and the '13 might not be much different.

the wire layout for the headunit in a 2011 prius two | PriusChat

I'm working on a drawing to detail the integration, hope to have it posted in the next week or so. Basically, we can tap into door-body connectors to avoid pulling the head unit. If your amp has speaker level inputs, then just splice them in. If not, you can use a line output converter, Audio Control makes a few great ones that may also provide the amp remote turn on. Theirs and the Crutchfield websites offer a lot of good insight as well.
    The interior panels come apart pretty easily and there's plenty of room for extra wires depending on where you choose to mount the equipment.