1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

amp turn off pop...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by finman, Sep 2, 2011.

1. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    okay, got an amp turn-off pop question...since 'upgrading' my stereo at 100,000 miles, I now have an annoying amp turn-off pop. only on turn off.

I have the stock HU going thru an Audio Control low-voltage unit (converts the speaker levels down to RCA levels), then going to 2 amps. One is 4-channel for the four door speakers, the other runs my new fiberglass subs (2 8" punch running mono). they seem to be what is popping...more like thumping, upon turn off.

I have a relay on the turn-on lead on both amps...triggered by the Audio Control unit, which is triggered by an ACC from the Cig lighter (no 'amp' turn-on with the base stereo I have in an '04).

So, any other details needed to help me? Need some things to try to eliminate this. Ground issue? Bad trigger relay?

Thanks for any advice here!

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Try a diiferent ground location.

I 'venever used a relay like that for the remote turn on. You could purchase a Peripheral Electronics LVT. They are cheap, small and work well.