1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amplified sub install help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by charlietokowitz, Aug 10, 2011.

1. charlietokowitz

charlietokowitz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Okay.. I ordered the boss bass1500. i got as far as hooking up the battery terminal and the ground wires before i realized i had no idea what the hell to do next.

can anybody tell me step by step what wires go to where in the jbl unit to the wire harness on the sub, and also where the blue remote turn on wire goes into the jbl unit?

i'm asking for an answer as specific as "the plug on the right, top row, third from the left," not something like "S15 gnd w-1!" I really thought i was up to the challenge of doing this myself but if i cant get it in a few days, i'm gonna have to pay abt to do it.

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have the same sub under the passenger seat but I hooked it up to Kenwood DNX6960 aftermarket unit. It has two audio RCA plugs to connect to the sub along with the signal wire so everything was no brainer.

You are trying to connect it to the OEM JBL unit so you may have to tap the speak wire from the front. I am sure someone who has done it can help you out.