1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amusing (?!) Prian Moment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rufaro, Jul 11, 2007.

1. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just the other morning, I was at a three-way stop, about 1/4 mile away from my home. There were four vehicles at the stop. One was a forest-y green Gen 1 Pri. One was a white Gen 2. One (moi) was a black Gen 2. Number four was a Hummer.

My question is...should we three Prians have got out of our cars and had a collective hissy fit at the hummer? I mean, CLEARLY, we are not as butch as a hummer driver, so our options were limited. I mean, should we each have offered the hummer a gallon of our gas so he could make it to the next stop sign?

And why does it worry me that I was the only Prian wot had these thoughts??? Heckfire...It's been amusing me for days here...

Ummm...

Yeah. I know. Rufaro, get a life... :huh:

2. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What a scene!

Since you're sharing a Prius moment, thought I'd add mine... Left work, walked down the garage ramp to my car, and as I approached, noticed a dried, streaky "spill" running down the driver's window & door. I JUST washed the car the night before! I looked up over the car and noticed I'd parked under a pipe for the garage sprinkler system. I was silently cursing, figuring that the stuff that drips out of garage ceilings is often hard to remove... I pondered what to do, and then remembered I'd just put some microfiber towels & a small bottle of windex in the trunk, so I thought I'd try that. But the trunk wouldn't open! Even with the keyfob in my pocket. I finally took the fob out and did it the "old fashioned" way, pressing the unlock button.
    It was then I noticed MY Prius was blinking its lights, one car over to the right, from where I was trying to break into someone else's silver Prius.

3. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChristoB @ Jul 11 2007, 03:29 AM) [snapback]476696[/snapback]</div>
    So..didja clean the other Pri anyway?

But...ummm...oops...do not know...Is it not a no no to use Windex? (PLEASE Tony et al, say no...) :huh:

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 11 2007, 05:14 AM) [snapback]476695[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, everybody knows the truth about Hummer drivers.

Which, by correlation, I guess that means Prius drivers...um...you know...

5. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ...Mom always said it was rude to be boastful... But the Prius is such a quiet way to boast about, um, you know... ;) hehehe!

6. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey DUDES...speak for yer ownselves there!

I am compensating for NADA!

...well, ok, I'm more or less five feet tall (well...not MORE...and only MAYBE less...depends on if you ask my 19 year old son and/or 15 year old nephew...and my shrinking mother...).

But I LOOK tall in the Pri! :p

7. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 11 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]476837[/snapback]</div>
    That's just the point - Prius drivers don't NEED to compensate for anything!

8. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 11 2007, 03:14 AM) [snapback]476695[/snapback]</div>
    Whatever happened, I'm just glad you didn't say, "We Prii drivers banded together to teach the Hummer driver a lesson with a show of force. We simultaneously claimed the right of way and . . . oops." :blink:

9. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like a smug moment.
    Gee, all three of you were using less gas, COMBINED, than the Hummer was, just sitting there!
    I think large, happy grins are in order. :D

10. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 11 2007, 05:14 AM) [snapback]476695[/snapback]</div>
    The three prius's need to stop and stay stopped and let the hummer blow through the intersection. The cost to the environment for him to stop and take off is too much...

11. ohershey

ohershey New Member

I think you were all on the right track. I'm thinking of all of those nature shows, with the Hyena's fighting with a lion. You've got to surround them, stay out of their reach until they are tired (or out of gas...) and THEN bring them down.

12. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Jul 11 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]476973[/snapback]</div>
    Ummm...that WAS my FIRST thought. Below was my second...(didn't hurt that the hummer was right behind me in that thought process!)

NONONONO....I NEVER thought of a show of force...I thought we could get together and SCOLD the hummer driver into submission...Yup. Uh huh. [​IMG]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Jul 11 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]476979[/snapback]</div>
    Oops. I lied. The less gas thing was REALLY my FIRST thought!
    <div align="center">[​IMG]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jul 11 2007, 11:29 AM) [snapback]476990[/snapback]</div>
    would have loved to have done that--it's an intersection where the cops hang out. BUT, sadly, the hummer was behind moi, and I'm pretty much too fond of my Pri to have a hummer run over us.

On sorta kinda that topic, I saw two Prians recently (on a trek between NoCal and LoCal) wot need to be drummed out of the corps...One was, I do not know, Paris Hilton's sister or something. She had a whole rack of clothes hung from the front passenger seat over-door handle (and one little slip hung over the door behind the driver's seat), and was talking on a cell phone. The other was in an '04 or '05 wot was REALLY all beat up--they'd been in more than one fender bender...I guess sugar daddy musta given her the car. I have not EVER seen a Pri so beat. I wanted to report her to the ASPCA or something... :(