1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

An End of Year Deals on a 2016?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Kelevance, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Kelevance

Kelevance Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    My lease is finally ending on my other car in the next two weeks, so it's time to get serious about seeing what kind of price I can negotiate on that 2016 Silver Four Touring w/ATP I've been eyeing for the past six months.

The dealership I've been exchanging emails came out of the gate with one with an MSRP of $32,864. They're saying they can do $26,873 plus tax, tags, and a $300 processing fee. So just shy of 6k off. Is this about on par with what people are seeing? I've seen a few folks on the board post getting closer to 7k off (in this case, I think it was someone posting about a Three Touring).

I countered back that I wanted to take advantage of the 0.0% APR Toyota Financial Services is offering right now, and that I thought we could make a pretty compelling deal given it's a 2016 and that Prius sales overall were down last year (it pained me to right that last sentence ... but hey, it's a negotiation, right?).

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can only try, sounds like a great price to me, but you may want to look at the pricing thread. keep in my, geography is important.

do they make a four touring w/ atp?

#2 bisco, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  3. tucatz

tucatz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I bought my 2016 four touring with PCP at San Francisco Toyota for $26,100. Plus accessories, plus tax and license, for OTD of $29,680. I financed through my bank (1.5%), so I was able to take advantage of the factory incentive and SFToyota's additional discount. I think I got a great deal! its worth it to wait for the end of the model year.

The PCP option adds the upgraded sound system and a few other features to an already fully loaded touring package. My car has Yokohama blueEarth tires, very nice. My only compliant is that my car seems to be an early build on the first model year. Looking at the VIN, my car is 84xx off the assembly line. While Toyota is really good with fit and finish, my dashboard has several very annoying buzz and rattles. I will have to bring the car into the dealer, and see if they can find loose connections and fix it. ,

bisco likes this.
  4. wrprice

wrprice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    ATP is not an option on Four Touring. $26k for a 4T with PCP is a good price, though. Price probably includes cash incentives and may increase if you opt for 0% promo APR.

Back when the cash incentive was only $1500, you came out a few hundred ahead working it as a cash deal, taking the rebate, and bringing your own financing even up to 1.99%/60mo.

bisco likes this.
  5. Kelevance

Kelevance Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Sorry, yes, PCP - not ATP! My bad. Tired eyes from looking at jargon on all these dealers' sites. :)

Another dealer I reached out to offered an out the door price of 27,443 for a 2017 Four Touring w/PCP. So I'm currently leaning that direction if I'm going to bring my own financing to the table.