1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

An idea for a Prius marketing campaign (as if it needs one:)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by drivenmore, May 11, 2004.

1. drivenmore

drivenmore New Member

Imagine this:

A Prius is stopped at a gas station, the owner filling up at the pump. An exotic sportscar pulls up to the pump in front of him. The gasoline price is clearly seen at around the $3 mark.

Both are filling up their cars. The Prius pump numbers are slowly moving, while the sportscar pump numbers are spinning like mad (visual metaphor for gas consumption).

The smarmy sportscar owner turns to the Prius driver:

"This baby goes 60 miles per hour in 3 seconds flat."

The Prius owner nods, impressed, as he finishes pumping gas and gets into his car, ready to drive away.

"Nice. This baby goes 60 miles on one gallon."

Ok Toyota, send me my royalty check....

2. shona

shona New Member

Love it! :D

shona

3. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

very cute... but you said it right in your title when you put 'as if it needs one'... i'm sure they have tons of cute ideas for about 5 years from now when sales slow down and demand stops being double the supply...

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

driven: great add but i think with one small twist, we can make it better...

Sportscar driver: This baby can go 60 mph in 3 seconds flat.

Prius owner: THIS baby can go 60 miles on 3 dollars even.

5. drivenmore

drivenmore New Member

Hey Dave -

Alright, the two of us definitely need to go into the PR/Marketing business!!

6. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i think we definitely came up with a very catchy commercial.

we should entitile it "Bragging Rights"

7. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That is GREAT!!! I love to see that. Great thinking.

8. m4prius

m4prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How about a Gas Station being by-passed by a continuous line of Prius showing gas gauge on FULL with Large SUVs parked at the pumps with gas gauges on EMPTY!!! :mrgreen:

I just wonder if anyone has done an estimate on the impact on foriegn oil imports if all autos converted to Hybrids NOW??.

9. cmorozco

cmorozco New Member

Have you seen the recent commercial for it?
    I was watching satelite tv while in Mexico with a large group. During the Friend's finally I saw my first Prius commercial. It started with to characters (people in mascot type suits) one person was an E the other was a \ . These two characters run about the country side in a split screen. Both eventally run into eachother. E\ and it then fades to a gas gauge. Then the Pruis pulls in and skids to a halt. A very dramatic cinematic overture till the end. It made quite an impression.

10. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    cmorozco:

No i havent
    No i havent
    No i havent...jk...

i have never seen a Prius TV commercial of any kind and i look for them constantly. I TiVo 90% of what i watch and i primarily watch TV shows that cater to the same demographic as the Prius does. I cant tell you how many times when Fast forwarding through the commercials that i see something and go back just to find out its for some other kind of car.

I will say this, i've seen a LOT of Toyota Truck commercials and i must say they are hilarious.

11. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have only seen the Prius commercial where everyone is moving their feet but not actually moving, one time and that was back in september. I think they canceled it because of the high demand.

12. dnbinfv

dnbinfv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The only "commercial" I've seen regularly is the on Public TV (KCET) in Southern Calif., the Toyota Prius is the sponsor of Huell Howser's" shows about California.
    It short, just show a Silver Prius zooming by.

13. cheaplawyer

cheaplawyer New Member

why does toyota need to pay for marketing a product that is practically "sold out"

14. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well since no one has really seen a Prius commercial, its rather obvious that they dont.

15. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've seen a couple different Prius commercials:

The Prius is driving through a series of "dots". It's like an Escher(sp?) painting with the dots high, low, left, right. The car drives "into" one and comes out another like some Star Trek wormhole. If you watch closely, you notice that for about a half-second, it goes between two dots backwards.

The other one sounds like it is narrated by Jeff Goldbloom. I forget the whole thing, but in the end, there's a point about internal room and the universe is literally sucked into the liftback.

And the Pruis is noticibly left off every Toyota dealer commercial I've seen. They mention every other Toyota car. But, of course, it would only make the lists longer.

I've often thought that they should build more oasis locations on the Chicago Tri-State Tollway so the Hum-Vees can refill more frequently. Maybe we can write a commercial around that.

Here's a thought: can we scan Prius magazine ads and post them? I've seen quite a few different ones in Scientific American (it's the only magazine I get). Some of them are rather clever. Let's see how many are out there. But where is the right place? We can make a thumbnail and link to a larger image. Danny, what do you recommend to be easier on the server?

16. dnbinfv

dnbinfv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Saw another commerical for the Prius - this time on Tech TV, did a great job of describing the Prius.