1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

An Inconvenient Truth--Free online viewing

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by efusco, Feb 28, 2007.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Feb 28 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]398001[/snapback]</div> Well I wasn't going to spend money to see this but since I have an open mind and it's free I clicked on the link. LOL! Within the first couple minutes of the movie it shows Al arriving somewhere on a private jet and then being chauffeured around in a limo. What happened to the Prius? :lol:

Wildkow

3. toad

toad New Member

I've already rented this from netflix but it's nice to see it again.
    I wish Gore would run for president again.

4. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toad @ Feb 28 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]398204[/snapback]</div>
    So do I.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Feb 28 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]398080[/snapback]</div>
    Traveling the world to alert people to the reality of Global Warming would be very impractical in a Prius. :rolleyes:

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    10% of the population are leaders, 80% are followers, and 10% are complaining sideliners........

7. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Its just the rich and powerful getting to do what they want, while telling us we should behave differently, and then using their money to buy absolution. (in this case Carbon Offsets)

8. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ Mar 1 2007, 11:18 AM) [snapback]398617[/snapback]</div>
    Does this dimish the importance of the topic at hand? Should it matter if the execution is poor but the point is strong? I would agrue no, it doesn't. If the data is good then I could care less who is giving it or how that person leads their life. Now in the role of a leader I agree that one should lead by example and in a lot of ways he is considering his position in society. Could it be better? Yes, his example could be better but that has nothing to do with how we should lead our lives in view of the message provided in the movie.

9. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The caveat to that is that Gore has repeatedly stressed that this is a moral issue and his own actions hurt his argument because it stinks of "do as I say, not as I do". I agree that most of this is largely irrelevant because this issue is far larger than Gore (who has gotten noticeably larger himself). This is mainly just a character assassination. Perhaps because (thankfully) the debate is moving beyond if we should act to how.