1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

An old topic really: Navigation Manual?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pkittie, Feb 4, 2007.

1. pkittie

pkittie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hiya-

For some reason, I don't have a navigation manual, and the links are dead in the other posts. The Toyota site no longer sells the manual online.

May I have some help? Thanks!

*fyi* I'm trying to figure out if there's a cancel destination function (there's Suspend Guidance, but it resumes the same route when you turn it back on).

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you go to http://techinfo.toyota.com for the manual? It does not look like they have all the info yet for the 2007 model year but you can always get the manual for the 2006 year because its the same navigation system.

To answer your question you can cancel you destination. When you hit your destination button you can select delete destination from the options.

3. pkittie

pkittie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ooh, thanks so much!

Can you delete the destination when you're (stopped) midst said route? I seem to remember when I hit the destination button while on guidance, nothing popped up. Will have to try it out tomorrow.

Cheers!

4. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can delete the destination anytime as long as the car is not in motion. There may be a voice command that will allow you to delete the destination while in motion. Something like "Delete Destination". Dont know if that works as a voice command but I think I will give it a try next time I use the NAV.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pkittie @ Feb 3 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]385060[/snapback]</div>
    When in the navigation screen, there are several buttons at the bottom. One is titled "Route" or "Guide." Once you hit it, you will get several more buttons, including a "Delete." Hit it and confirm your selection and the current destination will be deleted. In the alternative, the voice command "Delete Destination" also performs the same task.

I should note that I did not go down to the garage to test these instructions, so there may be a slight variation between what I wrote and the actual procedure. In the past, I have always been able to delete nav destinations.

6. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pkittie @ Feb 3 2007, 09:57 PM) [snapback]385054[/snapback]</div>
    The Lexus Navigation system is the same as the Prius system. The referenced instruction is for the latest navigation system which should work for you:

http://www.lexus.com/lexus-share/demos/RX/.../Lexus_nav.html

7. pkittie

pkittie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Cool beans, guys, thanks so much!

*wonders why I never got the nav manual with purchase*

I did try the voice thingy a while back, but I think I tried "cancel" instead of "delete". I got a lot of cabin temp fluctuations.:D