1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

An update to my issue with the battery....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by supernole1, Apr 11, 2006.

1. supernole1

supernole1 New Member

supposedly being discharged overnight. Quick recap..

on ocassions the battery would appear to have one 'bar' of charge after being parked for a period of time. It wouldn't go in to reverse (drive worked fine) until it was charged to the second bar. Anyhow, I ruled out user error after a few diligent days of making sure things were turned off.

Took it to the dealer and they couldn't come up with any codes so they called "national". First question was, "does he have a sunpass?". Sunpass is the state of florida's automated toll bridge transmitter I keep in the glovebox for paying tolls. Apparently it interferes with the smart key sensor and messses things up. I moved the sunpass to below my seat and so far so good.

Anyone ever heard of interference from other electronic devices and the smart key sensor?

2. highroute

highroute New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(supernole1 @ Apr 11 2006, 06:55 PM) [snapback]238345[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not going to brave the rain to retrieve my manual from the glove box in the car in the garage, but I'm pretty sure there are warnings in there about installing two-way radio equipment in the Prius without first evaluating it for interference.

Lots of us here in California have our state's FasTrak toll transponders installed, and I have not seen any comments about similar interference. Different frequency band, I would guess.