1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

And now the wait begins.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jmpenn, Apr 24, 2006.

1. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

All because I wanted Barcelona Red and not Silver. <_<

Hello. I've been lurking for the past two weeks or so reading up on what everyone has to say about the car. The good, the bad, the tips and tricks, and the mods (gotta stay away from that forum for a while).

Ended up test driving and ordering a Prius this past Saturday. The dealer had a Silver Prius with option package 7 which is what I want, just not not the right color. They were even willing to knock a few hundred off the price if I took it. Nope. I want (1) Barcelona Red or (2) Tidewater Pearl. So now I wait. Hopefully not long.

Currently driving a 15MPG Durango. Was doing a lot of home renovation at the time and needed it. Don't need it any more. It was also the first year for the Prius. I like the look of the second gen better.

Should be quite a change.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    First off, welcome to Priuschat! You will find a wealth of information and knowledge for you to learn on these boards as you wait for your car.

Secondly, there is not Tidewater Pearl. There was a color in the 2004-2005 Prius palette that was called Tideland Pearl (a grayish silvery green) that is not available on the 2006's.

Thirdly, it sounds like you will be suffering from PAS (Prius Anticipation Syndrome) while you anxiously await the arrival of your Prius. Most of us here have been afflicted by it at some point or another. I waited 5.5 months for mine, so I completely understand your pain. And good for you for holding out on your #1 color choice-that's why it took so long for me to get my car, but I wouldn't compromise on the color or package # and am sure glad I held out for the one I wanted. It will be so worth it in the end, I promise you! I saw a Barcelona Red on the road the other day and it sure was sporty looking, good choice!

3. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I feel so guilty sometimes when I see folks talking about "the wait". I often wonder if I would possibly run into the folks who lost their loan and enable me to buy the Little Rebel when I went for my test drive....

If you are looking for the red stick to it....there is nothing that compares to it once it has your heart. There are no "neutral" tones in my house.

Good luck with your wait but if you have multiple dealers in your area spread out the net a bit to improve your chances.

4. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

As hard as it may seem to believe, the time will pass fairly quickly. We ordered ours ('06 Silver Pine Mica) on February 15th and it arrived on April 20th. All in all, not too bad of a wait particularly when you are getting what you really want.

5. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Apr 24 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]244539[/snapback]</div>
    Whoops. It's Seaside Pearl. Light blue. Whatever. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Apr 24 2006, 07:12 PM) [snapback]244545[/snapback]</div>
    The dealer (Morristown Toyota) claims to be the largest Prius dealer in the NY metro area. The salesman said the next allocations should be made in the next week or two. We shall see.